PDA

View Full Version : Quick thanks.!

Craig-ZS180
03-08-13, 06:34 PM
Just putting a quick thanks up on here to Dan for the few lil goodies that I will start playing with shortly to hopefully see some little issues with the zs rectified.
Was good to pop over and say hi and he was very helpful and generous so top marks there mate :bow: :clap2:

Also meant to say that the front doors look even better in the flesh, very nice addition mate.

And to all that haven't seen his new mk2, its even better in the flesh.! The interior in it is absolutely gorgeous.!! The car sounds and looks brilliant throughout and he has certainly landed on his feet with this one it looks like. Even the plate is a good one too lol.

Was a pleasant trip all round, thanks for that Dan :D

petet16
03-08-13, 07:05 PM
What a great forum :group:

Dan1971
03-08-13, 07:15 PM
No worries pal .... :beer2:

POMPSKI
03-08-13, 07:31 PM
The interior in it is absolutely gorgeous.!!

Rub it in!

Dan1971
03-08-13, 07:33 PM
Rub it in!

He means the Red alcantara one that I've got ..... :mbounce:

POMPSKI
03-08-13, 07:33 PM
:hang:

Dan1971
03-08-13, 07:36 PM
This one .....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/IMAG0189_zpsbec36d57.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/danlaualex/media/IMAG0189_zpsbec36d57.jpg.html)

How'd you get on with the drive back then Craig ?

daytona365
03-08-13, 07:40 PM
I should have popped round and shown some real YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig-ZS180
03-08-13, 10:36 PM
This one .....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/IMAG0189_zpsbec36d57.jpg (http://s261.photobucket.com/user/danlaualex/media/IMAG0189_zpsbec36d57.jpg.html)

How'd you get on with the drive back then Craig ?

Yep that's the one.! Looks so so sooooo nice in the flesh and feels so good to touch too. Really very nice.

Well in fairness on the way home the vis motor was working everytime like usual and didnt give a hint of fuss. Tonight however, it was flappin left right and centre so will be looking into that tomorrow morning hopefully before we go out for the afternoon. I will say that the exhaust has definitely changed in note too after our chat earlier as my mate confirmed it tonight when I drove past and then pulled up and he asked out right what have I changed on the exhaust as it sounded higher pitched and wasn't "as" burbley as usual tonight. So it has changed a bit which I thought it had, just seemed a bit more normal when I got to yours as after an hr of being pushed it always pops burbles and bangs nicely.

I will add another note of woe for the journey home, and that is that my sheddist master cylinder is leaking from the main seal inside the car as I've now finally traced where my fluid has been going over the past couple of weeks.
Thought was strange that it needed topping up but have it the benefit of doubt but its definitely gone as fluid is round the outer rubber seal and on the clutch pedal now too so another thing to sort out.

I know only minor things but just frustrating that at present its just one thing after another with mine.

POMPSKI
03-08-13, 10:47 PM
Mate I have a spare sheddist master cylinder but it'l have to be a last resort as I dont want to break the spare kit up. Not sure how much adaptation from the original Honda one Sheddist done, hopefully none.

Craig-ZS180
03-08-13, 10:53 PM
Mate I have a spare sheddist master cylinder but it'l have to be a last resort as I dont want to break the spare kit up. Not sure how much adaptation from the original Honda one Sheddist done, hopefully none.

I've tried to contact him and am awaiting a reply to hopefully see what can be done to sort it. Its annoying as it is our only car and the mrs takes the 2 children out in it and if its a seal that's starting to go you never know when its going to throw the towel in as such and don't want them getting stranded somewhere.
Also supposed to be going away Tuesday for a few days and again just hope its doesn't get too much worse.

Hopefully Nigel will be back in touch soon and can get it fixed as I would've thought if its a kit he modifies / makes he must have replacement parts available to pass on too? Fingers crossed about that one anyway as its only been on there for about 1 year now.

POMPSKI
03-08-13, 11:02 PM
If you're desperate mate I'll help you out - I didnt get an answer from Nigel for over a year before I found someone selling one.

Just message me whenever.

Craig-ZS180
03-08-13, 11:07 PM
If you're desperate mate I'll help you out - I didnt get an answer from Nigel for over a year before I found someone selling one.

Just message me whenever.

Sweet I really appreciate that. I will give him a couple of days to answer or at least until Monday and if no response by then ill call and leave a message that way too.
Hoping he will get back but if not and your completely sure I may well take you up on the offer and see what we can sort out then.
Ill be up your way from tuesday as were having a week in Norfolk and will be possibly visiting round your way too. If you see a Tahiti blue mk1 hatch on mk2 wheels you know its me :)

andys1981
03-08-13, 11:30 PM
really goes to show that within this forum there are guys that are willing to help others out,top respect guys,good for dan,for the goodies,and good for pompski,for helping you out craig if you need it bud

petet16
04-08-13, 07:21 AM
I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything to the internals of the m/cyl, so a seal kit should sort the leaking problem

Craig-ZS180
04-08-13, 08:11 AM
I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything to the internals of the m/cyl, so a seal kit should sort the leaking problem

I did wonder if something like that would be available but I work in the parts area and most seal kits I ever get asked for are not available to us. Think more because most company's would rather sell a complete unit now compared to a little accessory kit but its very frustrating. I know we as a company don't deal with every single supplier but it makes me wonder where you would get them from. Who or where would be a good place to try for something like that do you think?
I also now can't remember fully what the master cylinder came off of and its unidentifiable as all part no's were ground off the units upon assembly by the looks of things as I took them to work hoping to try and keep a note for spares which didnt happen.
Just can't believe this has started to go now and just before we're to be going away, I know its one of those things but it is frustrating.

Hopefully he shall get back to me soon so can get something sorted.

POMPSKI
04-08-13, 11:43 AM
Sweet I really appreciate that. I will give him a couple of days to answer or at least until Monday and if no response by then ill call and leave a message that way too.
Hoping he will get back but if not and your completely sure I may well take you up on the offer and see what we can sort out then.
Ill be up your way from tuesday as were having a week in Norfolk and will be possibly visiting round your way too. If you see a Tahiti blue mk1 hatch on mk2 wheels you know its me :)

Feel free to stop by anyway :)

really goes to show that within this forum there are guys that are willing to help others out,top respect guys,good for dan,for the goodies,and good for pompski,for helping you out craig if you need it bud

Yup, this forum is ace.

Craig-ZS180
04-08-13, 03:30 PM
Well some good news, whilst out today in London I got an email from Nigel saying he has had this issue a few times now on the master cylinders so does keep them to sell on separately which is good. Cost if the new master will be £50 so I may well buy that and try to find a seal kit to repair mine and keep as a spare. Doubt will get it though before I go on holiday which is a shame as dont want it letting go but that's just the way the cookie crumbles I suppose.

At least its good news though :D

Craig-ZS180
04-08-13, 03:32 PM
Feel free to stop by anyway :)

Yup, this forum is ace.

May well do that depending on when and where we end up over the coming week. If we are indeed near ill PM you to get details :)

Yeah the forum is certainly a great one to be part of as people are willing to help as and when needed which is more than you can ask for.