PDA

View Full Version : Noise

pucc
05-08-13, 12:24 PM
http://s200.photobucket.com/user/puccpucc/media/5224E999-5AB4-4626-ADBD-1F9F5CA4A5AA-12273-000010969C0EE9F4_zps6ea7a6e6.mp4.html

How does this sound to you??? It sounds rough to me

andys1981
05-08-13, 12:27 PM
probably the plenum rattling mate,im sure someone will confirm,doesnt sound good anyway

stamford
05-08-13, 12:30 PM
Yea sounds like plenum alright, actuator arm rattling about inside. Won't do any damage so don't worry. It'll just sound bad and be down on power a little.

pucc
05-08-13, 12:31 PM
Is there a guide on here to replace the inlet?
ie things like gaskets needed special tools ect?

stamford
05-08-13, 12:39 PM
Guide:

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1253

No special tools needed, just care when removing plenum so as not to disturb the fuel pipes. Straight forward job.

pucc
05-08-13, 12:50 PM
Ok cheers for that... Job for the weekend..
I will report back..

stamford
05-08-13, 01:01 PM
A dab of Vaseline on the large 'o' rings before re-assembling helps as these are tight. Also when trying to remove it'll need some persuasion to separate off the 'o' rings once all bolts have been removed.

pucc
10-08-13, 10:58 PM
Well tonight I finished work early and started on the inlet..
After removing mine i compared it with the replacement I had. All looked great until I tried a bit of wire inside it to feel for the flaps opening and closing.
6,5 and 4 never gave me any response to my wire but mine did, 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 were all showing signs of still being attached. Frustrated at this point I decided to take the plunge and open it up. As indicated 6 and 5 were unattached and 4 was so so but not too great.

After all this I belive mine to be still ok, and intend on refitting it in the morning.
I have also removed both vis motors and opened them up for inspection and resolderd all the joints and resealed them back together.
I will report back tomorrow after refitting..

peterzs
11-08-13, 10:31 AM
Bummer, good luck hope it all goes back OK.

pucc
11-08-13, 10:45 AM
Well all back together now cant hear much now, and both vis motors seem to be ok as my vis indicator is working as it should be..
Fingers crossed all's well. Time to bomb down my personal drag strip and see the results...:mbounce:

peterzs
11-08-13, 11:00 AM
sounds a result.

:beer2::beer2::beer2:

pucc
11-08-13, 11:27 AM
:hooray::trampoline::super:

pucc
11-08-13, 03:05 PM
During my operation I did notice a few little oddities.
The inlet manifold had been removed prior to me, as there were some gouges on the underside of it where it had been levered off.. (By a butcher)
The oil catch tank I fitted had approx 100ml of water in it with little remnants of oil..
I cant get my head around to poor design and quality of the inlet manifold.
I think may be a simple track runner for the arm to slide along and stop any movement in or out and up and down would easily solve the issue by simply not allowing the plastic ball joint to separate. (as arm only needs to slide left to right)
Conclusion from what I gathered is if you have play in the actuator arm up and down then its more than likely the manifold is at fault. I would also suggest when replacing the vis motor, make sure a 100% the arm lines up with the slot in the actuator arm as too much pressure on this also pushes the ball joints off.

Andy:punk: