PDA

View Full Version : Rep powers!

Cally180
05-08-13, 06:58 PM
General question here...

So when I got to 500 posts I got one extra rep power (wee green boxes) but without doing anything I now have had an extra two.

I was thinking they worked on how many posts etc but looks like its not

And do they actually amount to anything apart from seeing some with more than others?

stamford
05-08-13, 07:02 PM
It is something we switched on a while back for a bit of fun. Anyone liking a post can leave positive reputation by hitting the scales icon to the left under your avatar. Same goes if you dislike a post as well! It also changes with posts made if a certain target met in the settings. Most of the time we forget its there!

Cally180
05-08-13, 08:32 PM
ah I seee.. no rewards then for who has the lowes then? ( since you've cheated the system and gave yourself loads :laugh: )

stamford
05-08-13, 09:16 PM
ah I seee.. no rewards then for who has the lowes then? ( since you've cheated the system and gave yourself loads :laugh: )

Oi! I can give negative rep and make you go into the red :strongbench:

On some forums it can get abused, but only when it's taken too seriously. We did say if it didn't work we would close it but like I said I doubt if many take any notice of it. A bit of harmless fun most of the time.

Skillen
05-08-13, 09:31 PM
Used to be a huge part of a forum I used to moderate when I was younger.
People would be banned for abusing it as it was given for contribution and then the higher rep scores would move you up through different levels allowing different and better privileges.