PDA

View Full Version : typhoon been smashed into :(

Steves Cleenz
10-08-13, 10:53 PM
dont know if you know but the other day i had our car smashed into, driver decides to reverse onto the slip road and straight into the front of ours!

because the bloke is from plymouth and wont be back to work until monday we cant do anything!, so asked my insurance is there anything stopping me from fixing it so we have a car to use over the weekend, there reply was no, :D straight on ebay looking for radiator and front panels, found a rad and bumper in Nottingham for £50 and my dad had some lights off his old one, so within a day it was back on the road

POMPSKI
10-08-13, 10:55 PM
Saw it on Facebook Steve - Keep us updated :(

big_wasa
10-08-13, 11:08 PM
Oh dear hope its not another written of.

Still got the plate then.

Steves Cleenz
10-08-13, 11:21 PM
Oh dear hope its not another written of.

Still got the plate then.

yep open to offers if you want it, TBH it does my head in lol its been valued at £600 :D as the car yeah it will get wrote off, £500 just for the paint for the front end, but im going to try and get the insurance to settle it as ive done most of the work myself

big_wasa
10-08-13, 11:31 PM
Would be a shame to let the plate go if they don't settle.

£400

Steves Cleenz
10-08-13, 11:42 PM
Do you know how to go about changing it over?

andys1981
10-08-13, 11:45 PM
seen this on facebook bud,nightmare like,hope it works out for you mate

big_wasa
10-08-13, 11:48 PM
Nope as you remember from our last conversation I am pretty ignorant on the subject. I've just had a quick look on the net and both cars need to be taxed and tested if going from one car to another. Not looked about retention.

Smokey
11-08-13, 12:32 AM
Saw on Facebook mate, never good in a colour like that which will be tricky to find a matching one in a scrappy.

daytona365
11-08-13, 06:08 AM
These monogram cars, in certain light, your bumper looks red..................

stamford
11-08-13, 07:03 AM
That sucks, reversed up a sliproad? Hope he was reported.

Fred68
11-08-13, 07:07 AM
I can't see how the insurance should or even can write your car off if the accident wasn't your fault. At the end of the day it's your car so his insurance has a duty to fix your car weather the cost of the repair exceeds the market value or not. Fight to get it fixed, it's your car ;)

Din
11-08-13, 07:46 AM
We got a settlement for our 45 when someone baccked in to the rear door at a petrol station, there was no structural damage, so the said I could fix it, it would not be recorded as a write off, and they would pay us £600... Which they did :)

Good luck.

Skillen
11-08-13, 08:44 AM
I can't see how the insurance should or even can write your car off if the accident wasn't your fault. At the end of the day it's your car so his insurance has a duty to fix your car weather the cost of the repair exceeds the market value or not. Fight to get it fixed, it's your car ;)

Mine did.
3 weeks I fought it for and still no budging.
Now it's a cat c. :(
Hope it doesn't come to that!

ZS
11-08-13, 09:59 AM
Nope as you remember from our last conversation I am pretty ignorant on the subject. I've just had a quick look on the net and both cars need to be taxed and tested if going from one car to another. Not looked about retention.

IIRC you give the DVLA £80 and they give you a peice of paper... Can all be done at your local DVLA office :)

Steven11
23-08-13, 10:23 PM
Do you know how to go about changing it over?

Why dont you just put it on retention ?

Dan1971
24-08-13, 07:57 AM
£105 gets it put on retention for a year and includes the assignment fee for the next car.

Shame about the bump mate ....

Steves Cleenz
24-08-13, 11:49 PM
£105 gets it put on retention for a year and includes the assignment fee for the next car.

Shame about the bump mate ....

Cheers Dan :D