PDA

View Full Version : MK1 saloon 72k LQW

DuckFeet
12-08-13, 06:38 AM
Belts done 2010 by Gasaxe from XPF.

MOT January 2014, tax July 2014.

Janspeed backbox. BMC-CDA. Sheddist kit. MP3 headunit if I can't find the original.

MOT advisory for split CV boots but I have the kit to fix these. Bonnet release catches are sticky but better after cleaning/oiling.

Located in Swindon.

1100 due to long tax or make me an offer.

I have a bunch of spare bits, Wheels, caliper refurb kit + old rear calipers, some polybushes. I will include if the price is right.

Pictures to follow as she missed her bath this weekend.

DuckFeet
18-05-14, 08:08 PM
Edited.

DuckFeet
19-05-14, 10:40 PM
Can a mod contact me re the above please?

ZS
20-05-14, 05:41 AM
Can a mod contact me re the above please?

Pm'd

stamford
20-05-14, 07:00 AM
Is there a problem sending me a pm then? :detective:

DuckFeet
20-05-14, 05:53 PM
Is there a problem sending me a pm then? :detective:

I didn't want to pick on you specifically. Thanks for pm ZS. I presume auto renewal failed.

DuckFeet
09-07-14, 02:10 PM
Updates:
Two new front tyres (under 1K), rears were done last year. All are KU39 now.
CV boot done - still a noise which is either me not putting enough grease in or it's actually the subframe clicking
Bonnet release cables replaced and cleaned.
MK1 grill butchered as part of the above. Replaced with a MK2, badly sprayed in black but Xpower badge added.
Tax - will add 6 months by end of July or might SORN the car if I have found its replacement.
Brakes - on the shopping list to be done if I renew the tax
Now 77K and doing 30 miles a day still. Standard wheels, not the grey ones per my avatar.
Signs of a thermostat leak - pink tinge in the engine bay but coolant level is pretty consistent.
BMC gone, back to standard box + green panel + CAF.
Janspeed sports cat.

As it stands, expecting it to be worth about 900. More if I tidy up the bits above.

ZS
09-07-14, 08:14 PM
Any Pictures?

DuckFeet
10-07-14, 11:03 AM
None recently. I'll have to get some up this weekend.

Cheeky one of the grill I found.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/10/y6y5yme9.jpg

DuckFeet
10-07-14, 06:38 PM
Couple of odd noises I noticed. Creak from rear brake, not sure what that is until I get chance to remove and regrease.
Creaky clutch pedal, hopefully not the springs in the clutch plate. Oiling the pedal and release arm hasn't helped.

If the clutch goes I'm breaking it.

ZS
10-07-14, 08:35 PM
Couple of odd noises I noticed. Creak from rear brake, not sure what that is until I get chance to remove and regrease.
Creaky clutch pedal, hopefully not the springs in the clutch plate. Oiling the pedal and release arm hasn't helped.

If the clutch goes I'm breaking it.

Creaking clutch pedal, I bet it's worn the hole that the clevice uses to attach to the pedal... And probably the retaining pin as well...

DuckFeet
10-07-14, 09:19 PM
On the sheddist kit?

M17TT180
10-07-14, 10:07 PM
On the sheddist kit?

I found this on the dark ice designs kit. The clevis has a bit of left/right play as the clutch pedal arm is narrower so I put a few washers on the right hand side (when sitting in the drivers seat looking at the pedal) to stop this movement. No more squeak :)

ZS
10-07-14, 10:11 PM
On the sheddist kit?

Yes! There is a thread on here when I did mine on the blue 180, that was a she'd its kit.... Or the below could also be the case, worth checking either way.

I found this on the dark ice designs kit. The clevis has a bit of left/right play as the clutch pedal arm is narrower so I put a few washers on the right hand side (when sitting in the drivers seat looking at the pedal) to stop this movement. No more squeak :)

DuckFeet
11-07-14, 06:24 AM
Thanks both, will check it out.

DuckFeet
11-07-14, 08:26 AM
Pictures incoming.
try here:
http://s645.photobucket.com/user/DuckFeetOi/library/Black%20Betty?sort=3&page=1

I couldn't see anything that might be creaking at the clevis just now but I only had a very quick look.
Rear disks and wheels are the usual loppy looking state. there are spare calipers and 3 wheels so refurb should be more convenient. Big red caliper refurb kit included.
mist washer jets and aero wipers.
Engine bay is a bit mucky.
Coolant needs a slight top up (check my awesome salesman tactics), picture of the thermostat leak(?) is massively zoomed in so makes it look bad. What's a new thermostat cost?
I got pictures of the worse scuff/dent, both minor.
Hole in the JS back box is deliberate. When I had the JS manis on I put a bung in there for when the little one was was in the car.

ZS
11-07-14, 08:53 AM
I couldn't see anything that might be creaking at the clevis just now but I only had a very quick look.

Happy to take a look if you are in the area at all? :)

DuckFeet
11-07-14, 05:41 PM
Yeah thanks... Little but far, eh.
Put another 90 miles on her today. Despite traffic and roadworks it was an absolute pleasure listening to that exhaust note. No drone finally!

DuckFeet
01-08-14, 08:17 AM
Did either of you two get a picture of where to look/feel for the is clevis/pin/hole wear?
Local garage has a MG rover guy and he said its definitely the bearing but not to worry as he's seen it a few times.
He also pointed out my leaking IMG :( So this raises more questions - is this a DIY job and if it's as involved as the clutch, how does one organise a "do stuff" meet?
I've got some interest (say hello Nath) so it would be nice/preferable to at least consider fixing her up. There's an awesome abetoire nearby so top rate BBQ to be expected!
I hate to ask but what are these actually worth in parts? So far I can think, and these are just wild guesses:
Shell/scrap - 200
wheels with new tyres - 300
inlet manifold - 150
sports cat - 70
engine without mani - 250
tax refund - 125
gearbox - 50
about a grand total? Not so much that I'd break one car, as I'd be fixing many more...

I'm keeping the janspeed box for the next car!

ZS
01-08-14, 08:57 AM
I don't have a ZS any more else I would get pictures...

How far from Birmingham are you? I'll be up that way all week from Sunday...

Don't break it! lol Sort it out and drive it, that's what these cars are meant to do...

DuckFeet
01-08-14, 10:08 AM
If you'll pay the tax and fuel difference vs a diesel plodder I will.

J16 of the M4, so you might pass fairly close. I can dismantle, grease, and rebuild though.

ZS
01-08-14, 12:01 PM
Does this thread help you at all? http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17156

DuckFeet
01-08-14, 05:14 PM
Thanks, I'll take a look.