PDA

View Full Version : Where your car was registered and where it is now?

Maxfly
12-01-08, 10:32 AM
The area code on my zs is BP, so just out of curiousity i looked up where it was registered....turns out to be Birmingham. It then ended up in Dundee at about 9 months old and now it's with me in Inverness at 3 an 1/2, so has fairly migrated north!! Just got me wondering where everyone else's began registered life and where they have ended up now!! Popped into the AA route planner and mine has travelled this far north

To: Birmingham,Birmingham

Distance: 447.7 miles

Time: 8 hr 24 min

Pretty sure i could easily get there in less thean 8hr 24 though:ninja:

stamford
12-01-08, 11:08 AM
Mine is down as registered in Stanmore, first owner an MGR employee 8 miles away then found its second and current owner 70 miles south outside Portsmouth :D So not that far really.

Stevedx
12-01-08, 11:18 AM
Dont know how you find out, Mine starts PJ

stamford
12-01-08, 11:25 AM
This (http://www.checkthatcar.com/registration%20plate1.asp) may help ;)

Stevedx
12-01-08, 11:43 AM
Mine was registered in Preston, and now in Brighton!

281 miles 4hr 47 mins

D3monstrate
12-01-08, 11:48 AM
Mines started in Glasgow, now on the opposite side of Scotland

JIMZS180
12-01-08, 11:50 AM
Mine was Newcastle and only owner was in Yarm before I travelled down and brought it back to Perth.

Southern Storm
12-01-08, 11:55 AM
Mine was in Exeter, now in Plymouth, not the furthest migration in the world.

Craig
12-01-08, 01:15 PM
mine was registered in Inverness, then went south of the border to Carlisle. Then I repatriated back across the border to Ayr

JIMZS180
12-01-08, 01:17 PM
mine was registered in Inverness, then went south of the border to Carlisle. Then I repatriated back across the border to Ayr

That must be the quickest updated signature!!!!!! lookin good tho' Craig!!

RalphG
12-01-08, 01:47 PM
Most of my cars were registered at Longbridge BX or BJ prefixes.

john180
12-01-08, 02:18 PM
mine started in chester, then not sure but i picked it up from pembrokeshire in wales now its up here with me in north yorkshire

Boot Hill Bandit
12-01-08, 04:23 PM
Glasgow for mine.........then down to Rainham (Kent) for mine......and its been over to Norway and into Scotland since then :D (as if you all didn't know :laugh: )

Jim

mattie007
12-01-08, 06:21 PM
Mine was registered in Nottingham (FJ), but it now resides in Kettering, 50 odd miles away.

KevG
12-01-08, 07:21 PM
Mines is registered in Glasgow, "SB" prefix, but was bought in East Kilbride, and lives about 2 miles away from where the dealer used to be.

foxmg
12-01-08, 07:47 PM
Beat this - mine started life in Romford Essex and is now in Palmerston North New Zealand - about 14,000 km's away !!!!!

Boot Hill Bandit
12-01-08, 09:28 PM
Beat this - mine started life in Romford Essex and is now in Palmerston North New Zealand - about 14,000 km's away !!!!!

Easily the winner I suspect for furthest distance from 'home' :bow:

Jim

arwilson80
12-01-08, 09:52 PM
Easily the winner I suspect for furthest distance from 'home' :bow:

Jim

Yip. Without a doubt.

Mine was registered in Stockton (NT), bought in Leeds and now lives in N.Ireland. :)

grimmy
12-01-08, 10:24 PM
Mines is registered in Glasgow, "SB" prefix, but was bought in East Kilbride, and lives about 2 miles away from where the dealer used to be.
My old one was SG but was bought from same dealer how does that work, this one is BD somewhere in brum i think cause it was originally registered by MG

Steves Cleenz
12-01-08, 10:40 PM
my one is registered from Worcester then was bought from someone in Chelmsford Essex and now lives in Tamworth Staffs

Maxxed_Ross
12-01-08, 11:25 PM
Mine was a Longbridge demo car, then a woman in Essex owned it for a few months then I bought it. It's had a long travelled life considering it's low mileage

DeMoNPauL
13-01-08, 01:31 AM
Mine was Newcastle and only owner was in Yarm before I travelled down and brought it back to Perth.

Jim if its only owner was in yarm why would it be registered in newcastle.

Cant make out your reg but it looks like NV which is Stockton not far from yarm and miles away from Newcastle.

This will probably go for other areas also.

Our First 180 had a N plate but that does not mean it was registered in newcastle it was actually registered in Sunderland

The prefix letter is only the area of the local DVLA office and not where the car was registered.

ian zs180
13-01-08, 10:44 AM
mine was registered in yorkshire now in lancashire

JIMZS180
13-01-08, 03:36 PM
Jim if its only owner was in yarm why would it be registered in newcastle.

Cant make out your reg but it looks like NV which is Stockton not far from yarm and miles away from Newcastle.

This will probably go for other areas also.

Our First 180 had a N plate but that does not mean it was registered in newcastle it was actually registered in Sunderland

The prefix letter is only the area of the local DVLA office and not where the car was registered.

Cheers...that makes more sense than trying to follow the DVLA guide!!!

Mat C
13-01-08, 04:10 PM
Mine (KR) was originaly registered in Kettering, Northamptonshire and is now in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire :)

mattie007
13-01-08, 05:26 PM
Mine (KR) was originaly registered in Kettering, Northamptonshire and is now in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire :)

I live in Kettering, yet didn't no KR was the towns reg code! Come to think of it, didn't even no Kettering had its own dvla office! :sheep:

Mat C
13-01-08, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't know chief ! That's where the former owner bought it from new and lived.

MGZS180
13-01-08, 05:35 PM
Mine is "NC" which apparently is Manchester. Bought and collected the car from near Newcastle, after trying to find a good Black 180 saloon.. found it! ... Car is now in Tamworth, Staffordshire.

Mat C
13-01-08, 05:51 PM
Come to think of it, didn't even no Kettering had its own dvla office! :sheep:

My 1st MG, a ZR160 was bought and registered in Grimsby. Grimsby doesn't have a DVLA office either, the nearest one being in Lincoln. The location of the DVLA office is irrelevant. Each car garage/dealership is allocated registration numbers. When i ordered my ZR i had a choice of just 2 plates. Both began with FV.
When i bought my current ZS from my mate in Kettering, it had a private plate fitted. He had to go to the Lincoln DVLA office to get it fast-tracked as it was the nearest one.

Z Scotland
15-01-08, 08:39 PM
Mines is BF! registered in Birmingham then first owner in Dumfries and know in Glasgow with me.