PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Heads Bash

tcb 180
16-08-13, 08:37 AM
Went to Newtown Motors last night in Cwmbran in the Gte. This is where I bought the zed from brand new in June 2003.

Over past couple of years they've staged a bit of a petrol heads get together which raises cash for local charities. Rides in a couple of Morgans inc the three wheeler, Camaro, Porsche etc. Nicky Grist was there plus a few Rally and car clubs.

They are currently the local Morgan, Nissan, Vauxhall and Chrysler dealership.

Got to sit in a lovely Morgan and had lengthy chat with one of the partners who when they were Mg Rover, was mad into the ZS and often went for factory invited track days etc.

Nice that he remembered me and my purchase though. Now he predicts the the 180's will be very desirable one day and will go up in price. Was pleased to hear those comments.

petet16
16-08-13, 08:41 AM
He's right about the modern zeds, their day will come as classics.

Didn't Newtown Motors used to be TVR dealers as well.

stamford
16-08-13, 08:41 AM
Nice that he remembered me and my purchase though. Now he predicts the the 180's will be very desirable one day and will go up in price. Was pleased to hear those comments.

When I mentioned that I got slated! :laugh:

But I will stick by what I predicted and reckon it may be a future classic.

peterzs
16-08-13, 08:54 AM
I think they are Classics now!!

Specially the very rare Trophy Yellow.

:devil::devil::devil: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

petet16
16-08-13, 09:10 AM
Yellow schmello :fishing:

Craig-ZS180
16-08-13, 10:17 AM

Rare..!!! How many of you yellows are on here now?? Can't really call then rare Pete :D :D

Fred68
16-08-13, 11:24 AM
I think the earlier 180 will be very desirable one day. Give it a few years and prices of good examples will climb.
When I bought my 72 Avenger GT in 1987 I paid £100 for it. Once I've finished restoring it, it would sell for more like £10,000 just because it's so rare.

ian zs180
16-08-13, 02:04 PM
The mk2 180 might be even more desirable not many of them about

talkingcars
16-08-13, 05:28 PM
The mk2 180 might be even more desirable not many of them about

and their numbers will drop quicker than the mk1 as they are more cheaply built so wont last as well.

tcb 180
18-08-13, 07:11 PM
Yes Pete TVR a few years back as well. Sorry I meant Chevrolet not bleeding Chrysler. Saw one of those electric cars drive off. Spooky, a car that you can't hear. Could have made good use of those in my previous role. Great to catch villains in I bet.

daytona365
19-08-13, 08:36 PM

very rare, so rare, that only special people own them..