PDA

View Full Version : Rear electric windows.

Skillen
24-08-13, 11:56 AM
Any interest in a set of rear electrics taken from a civic?
Full set of switches (centre console and door handle switches)
door cards that would match a mk2 interior. (No winder holes but do have some wear on the fabric.)
Rear door looms
Rear door window motors.

Skillen
24-08-13, 12:09 PM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh142/cskil/photo_zpsb26ca6d3.jpg
Those are the civic ones
But have managed to find some ZS ones (mk2 still)
So wouldn't need retrimmed.

Edit:
The mk2 ZS ones have some wear on the fabric so would probably need retrimmed.

pb25
24-08-13, 01:06 PM
I would be if the price is right....not bothered about the door card. I assume they would fit a mk1?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Skillen
24-08-13, 03:50 PM
Was thinking around £55 door cards included.
Not entirely sure about the entire package going rate.
Separately on eBay looking at £50 without rear switches and cards and looms.

Obviously postage may be an issue.

Would need weighed up.

M17TT180
24-08-13, 03:52 PM
I paid £45 delivered for everything inc looms and switches so inc door cards £55 sounds about right.

pb25
24-08-13, 06:12 PM
Assuming it will fit a mk1 (?) I would be happy to pay 45 all in for it all without the door cards. Would be a fiver Royal Mail medium parcel

Skillen
24-08-13, 08:03 PM
Assuming it will fit a mk1 (?) I would be happy to pay 45 all in for it all without the door cards. Would be a fiver Royal Mail medium parcel

They will definitely fit a mk1 mate, a the same right through the range, hatch or saloon 400-mk2's
If I can get the motors in a good position I would hope it would fit the medium package limits.

pb25
24-08-13, 08:54 PM
So £45 inc postage?

Skillen
24-08-13, 09:22 PM
Yep :)
Will have to get them all parcelled up soonest I could post out is probably Wednesday unless someone can post for me as I work 26 miles from home so getting to a post office is nigh on impossible until I get my early finish on a Wednesday.

Is that ok?

KevG
24-08-13, 11:15 PM
Some Mk1's didnt have the full wiring up to the centre console (bit at the handbrake), check that you have a grey and a brown plug, if you do fine if not then a complete pain to retro-fit.

pb25
24-08-13, 11:22 PM
Thanks for that Kev, will check it out tomorrow. Assuming I have the right wiring we will be good to go!

Skillen
24-08-13, 11:31 PM
Some Mk1's didnt have the full wiring up to the centre console (bit at the handbrake), check that you have a grey and a brown plug, if you do fine if not then a complete pain to retro-fit.

That is a very good point!
Happened with me and my mk1!

red robbo
25-08-13, 06:41 AM
Rather than go to the trouble of removing the centre console to check for the two coloured plugs, an easier way is to peel back the black rubber tube that houses the rear door loom.
The tube goes from the B post to the rear door body. Peel it back. If you've got 5 wires in there, your car is pre-wired for rear electric windows, if you've only got 2 wires (these will be the central locking wires), then the loom isn't in place.
Of course, the looms for inside of the rear doors are still required, regardless of whether the car is pre-wired or not.

pb25
25-08-13, 08:00 PM
Well had a quick look as Ive not had much time today but if I look into the handbrake casing I can see a brown connector which doesn't look like its plugged into anything. I check the cables into the door (thanks red robbo) and I have 5 wires so I think I'm good to go?

Skillen....no rush just PM when your sorted and will arrange payment, delivery address etc :-D

petet16
25-08-13, 08:09 PM
Yep, 5 wires = plug and play :smile1:

Skillen
25-08-13, 08:55 PM
I'll get some boxes sorted and get a price this week. Hopefully be posted by Wednesday afternoon.
Thanks.

pb25
25-08-13, 09:00 PM
Ok pm me your paypal addy and I'll send you my address back

pb25
25-08-13, 09:01 PM
Cheers Pete......again!

talkingcars
25-08-13, 09:56 PM

but not impossible, however I would recomend getting all the wirring from the fusebox yourself from a scrap car so you understand how it goes.