PDA

View Full Version : Testing the water.....maybe

stamford
03-09-13, 10:12 AM
Okay, I am being very open here and assuming a few things.

I want Chris's ZS but don't have the money to keep both.

So the question is: do I sell my car as is with all the add-ons or break it and make more money in the process? I hate breaking cars but in this instance it raises more money.

As for what is mine worth, probably feck all but considering the package it'll save some folk the hassle.

I said I would never sell, but Chris's ZS is one that I would do it for as it ticks all of the boxes as a nice standard ZS with low miles and ideal for a site owner ;)

My rough spec:

ØDate of Registration: October 2002.
ØFully synthetic oils used.
ØJanspeed stainless steel cat-back dual exhaust system.
ØDecat pipe with MIL eliminator.
ØBMC CDA carbon fibre enclosed induction kit with silicon hoses.
ØReidyremap engine remapped to 200bhp on standard 95RON unleaded petrol.
ØAlloy oil catch tank.
ØVIS indicators.
ØPush button starter.
ØNew clutch assembly last year, done less than 1k miles.
ØTorsen type B differential fitted with steel caged bearings in another spare gearbox, requires attention as noisy.
ØSheddist clutch kit.
ØAdjustable clutch release arm.
ØTKS lightweight flywheel.
ØPowerflex polybushed rear anti-roll bar.
ØSkunk2 alloy rear lower control arms.
ØHardrace alloy adjustable rear camber arms.
ØAVO adjustable coilovers.
ØMTEC grooved and dimpled discs and Mintex pads.
ØHEL stainless steel braided brake hoses front and rear.
ØDOT 5.1 brake fluid.
ØTeam Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 alloy wheels 17x8j.
ØFitted with Maxxis MA-Z1 Drift tyres 235/45x17.

It is not immaculate as one would expect for a 11 year old car but not bad overall. Has seen track use but never abused.

A wad of bills including the original bill of sale.

I can either sell it as is or break it up which I really don't want to be doing.

I am the second owner.

If no interest then I may break or keep, depends if the one pushing me to this is already sold...............

Anyone putting up ****-taking offers please expect the same by return, so think before asking. :cool2:

Around 93k miles.

ZS
03-09-13, 10:14 AM
There is a lot of information there... but what is the mileage of the car and I don't suppose you have a ball park figure?

Jason04r
03-09-13, 10:16 AM
I'd say more money breaking it ....

I'll take the sheddist clutch haha

ZS
03-09-13, 10:17 AM
There is a lot of information there... but what is the mileage of the car and I don't suppose you have a ball park figure?

Also I assume 1 years MOT (or near as damnit) since I know you just pushed it through, but what about Tax 6 months? or are you taking the tax back for a refund?

stamford
03-09-13, 10:20 AM
93k approx.

Just MOTd and taxed for 6 mths and it'll go with what's on it at the time.

Ballpark figure? as most owners we expect more then someone is prepared to offer!

M17TT180
03-09-13, 10:23 AM
I want Chris's zs too.

stamford
03-09-13, 10:32 AM
Okay, no point in fighting over it, I'll withdraw as you are probably in a better position to proceed than I am.

M17TT180
03-09-13, 11:50 AM
Okay, no point in fighting over it, I'll withdraw as you are probably in a better position to proceed than I am.

No carry on as you were, if it goes it goes. If I've got the readys and its still available then i'll buy but you crack on.

PM me what you are willing to part with your for.

Smokey
03-09-13, 01:10 PM
If I were you Mick, I'd be wanting to strip your car for parts to put on the new one. Giving you the best of old and new. I know it costs more but just my opinion.

stamford
03-09-13, 02:09 PM
If I were you Mick, I'd be wanting to strip your car for parts to put on the new one. Giving you the best of old and new. I know it costs more but just my opinion.

You are right and I have thought that but money does not grow on trees and as always the timing of such things is never perfect! I know where I can get the money but don't feel right asking to borrow it! I know a case of 'don't ask, don't get' but there are times when it isn't appropriate.

stamford
03-09-13, 02:15 PM
I think I will drive the zed into work this week and see if I feel the same way, feeling somewhat torn as I know what I want for it but this will not be met with nodding heads! Brutal truth is, it is worth more in bits and that I can't bring myself to do.

sneekyparrot
03-09-13, 03:26 PM
I can see the temptation with a low milage, well looked after if not almost mint mk2 but and it's a big but!!!

Comparing the spec the mk2 is going to be a major let down in performance and handling compared to your mk1 mick?

P.

stamford
03-09-13, 03:30 PM
I can see the temptation with a low milage, well looked after if not almost mint mk2 but and it's a big but!!!

Comparing the spec the mk2 is going to be a major let down in performance and handling compared to your mk1 mick?

P.

I know, I know!

A valid point and one I was trying to ignore hence why I was going to drive mine a bit more. If this BTCC kit was going to happen then it may tempt me to stay!

Even the missus hinted that will this stay standard................:whistle: she knows me only too well!

Maybe I need to drive a standard 180 again, for the life of me I can't remember what it is like! :laugh:

Supercharged_Z
03-09-13, 03:39 PM
You will get into the mk2 and be disappointed. Afraid to say. Taphouse did it when he sold the red one and got into the black one. Instantly turned of because to make it what he wanted i.e the one he just sold meant shelling out a fortune again.

talkingcars
03-09-13, 05:39 PM
That's where smokies idea works - it is taking me a while to swap bits to my mk2 but I'm really starting to like it.

However Mick, you need to consider why you have a ZS at all, is it a daily driver or now more of a hobby car?

Have you considered shifting your other car or is that not an option now because of the dogs, caravan, trips to the tip etc?

And to answer the original question - in this category a standard car will be worth more than a modified one and the modified one will be worth more as parts.

Good luck with what ever you decide - I waited for the mk2 to come along that I was willing to afford, I missed several but am happy with mine, I think the point I'm making here is don't loose too much sleep if someone else gets Chris's car.

Supercharged_Z
03-09-13, 05:54 PM
That's where smokies idea works - it is taking me a while to swap bits to my mk2 but I'm really starting to like it.

However Mick, you need to consider why you have a ZS at all, is it a daily driver or now more of a hobby car?

Have you considered shifting your other car or is that not an option now because of the dogs, caravan, trips to the tip etc?

And to answer the original question - in this category a standard car will be worth more than a modified one and the modified one will be worth more as parts.

Good luck with what ever you decide - I waited for the mk2 to come along that I was willing to afford, I missed several but am happy with mine, I think the point I'm making here is don't loose too much sleep if someone else gets Chris's car.

If you take the good bits of the mk1 then there is no real value left so becomes expensive then.

stamford
03-09-13, 06:32 PM
It's already spoken for so not going any further with selling mine.