PDA

View Full Version : HPI CAT text checker

MG ZS STE
05-09-13, 06:31 PM
Can anyone recommend one that they have used? Looking at a car tomorrow and really want to check that's its not been registered as involved in an accident.

http://www.itextcheck.co.uk/

Just found this one. Looks ok for 4 quid.

Dan1971
05-09-13, 07:03 PM
I used it before I bought the silver one - just in case. Basic one will tell you if there's finance owing or been written off. All you need to know really.

carmadbaker
05-09-13, 07:08 PM
83600 :-) text the reg number and hey presto! Its very good and cheaper than £4 im sure!

Skillen
05-09-13, 07:10 PM
Just checked mine on there and apparently it isn't written off :/

MG ZS STE
05-09-13, 07:20 PM
Just checked mine on there and apparently it isn't written off :/

Is it only if it gets repaired by through the insurance then it gets recorded, rather than paid out?

Just text the reg of the car I'm going to see to mad bakers number and everything checks out clear.

Skillen
05-09-13, 07:22 PM
Is it only if it gets repaired by through the insurance then it gets recorded, rather than paid out?

Just text the reg of the car I'm going to see to mad bakers number and everything checks out clear.

Don't know lol. I got the payout and didn't have to VIC test it or have it recorded.

Not that it should have been cat c Anyway as it was only the bumper and light. Not a thing wrong structurally!

petet16
05-09-13, 07:26 PM
Don't know lol. I got the payout and didn't have to VIC test it or have it recorded.

Not that it should have been cat c Anyway as it was only the bumper and light. Not a thing wrong structurally!

It may be cat d, no vic required.

Skillen
05-09-13, 07:52 PM
It may be cat d, no vic required.

Strange that, it isn't recorded at all as written off and I definitely settled for (and agreed with the bloke on the phone) the higher payout and cat c status with a need for a VIC.

Turns out I got the higher payout and no recording of total or partial loss. Bonus I guess!

MG ZS STE
05-09-13, 08:09 PM
Is that free £5k guarantee on the information received offer you get worth taking up?

Dan1971
05-09-13, 10:04 PM
Strange that, it isn't recorded at all as written off and I definitely settled for (and agreed with the bloke on the phone) the higher payout and cat c status with a need for a VIC.

Turns out I got the higher payout and no recording of total or partial loss. Bonus I guess!

Now someone of low moral standing, could consider buying your car and then claim £5k

Skillen
05-09-13, 10:15 PM
Now someone of low moral standing, could consider buying your car and then claim £5k

Wanna do a deal?
:D

(Not in anyway implying you are of low moral standing!)

I don't get what's happened there lol