View Full Version : Updated pics of my ZS

Gazza
13-01-08, 06:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/lbh160/DSC00043.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/lbh160/DSC00044.jpg

This is the result of miss judging the depth of a puddle :(

Craig
13-01-08, 06:47 PM
bloomin hell! looks pretty bad. I bet that gave you quite a shock mate.

tallgeese
13-01-08, 06:48 PM
Dam thats not nice you sure it was'nt a lake you found???

Mat C
13-01-08, 06:57 PM
Holy sh!t Gaz, what happened ? Are you OK ? I take it the car is going to be written off - such a shame as you've only just got it :(

Boot Hill Bandit
13-01-08, 07:14 PM
You've aquaplaned haven't you :(

So sorry dude........if you can afford to.........buy it back and break it for spares......recycle what you can and make your money back :sad:

Sorry bud........thats terrible :(

Jim

Fez
13-01-08, 08:10 PM
What a shame, I take it your ok.

I almost went into the side of someone tonight thanks to a puddle in the outside lane.

arwilson80
13-01-08, 08:49 PM
Those really are not the sort of pics i was expecting, nor were the type i wanted to see! :yikes:

Everyone OK? It's gutting to see the ZS in such a shape but at the end of the day it's only a hunk of nice looking metal and it's the occupants that matter.

stamford
13-01-08, 09:22 PM
Oh no that's terrible mate, must have been a hard impact. I really hope it'll be okay, but I feel it won't though, fingers crossed.

Boot Hill Bandit
13-01-08, 10:39 PM
Since it has bad suspension damage I have been told by a friend it will defo be a write off :( ah dear buddy :console: so sorry for ya.

Like I said previously.........the alloys, spats and quite a few other bits are handy.......someone may want a mk2 dash for their mk1 etc......

Let us know how you get on and let us know what you will be after in terms of a replacement car and we can keep an eye out for ya ;)

I must say the tyres look a little shagged so if you aquaplaned it was probably partly to do with that :sad:

Jim

arwilson80
13-01-08, 11:01 PM
Like I said previously.........the alloys, spats and quite a few other bits are handy.......someone may want a mk2 dash for their mk1 etc......

+1, especially if you have room to keep all the stuff. There is easy £1k of 'bits' there and you don't have to dismantle much to get it.

KevG
13-01-08, 11:01 PM
Jesus!

Despite Jim being the prophet of doom, that is repairable!

Suspension damage, get all the bits from a breaker in the scrappy from a R45/ZS, bumpers and a headlight, and a fog light are on ebay, as for the wing a good repairer will be able to sort that, I bet about £2k to fix including painting, as for an alloy you see them on ebay every now and then

ian zs180
13-01-08, 11:04 PM
looks nasty feel so sorry for you mate hope everything works out for you in the end fingers crossed

arwilson80
13-01-08, 11:09 PM
Despite Jim being the prophet of doom, that is repairable!

But will the insurance say that... ;) All depends on whether or not he buys it back... :(

Maxfly
14-01-08, 07:06 AM
**** me, that looks nasty fella, such a shame seeing as you just got her and she looked cracking!! Hope you can get her fixed up though:(

Boot Hill Bandit
14-01-08, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't lie to get his hopes up now would I Kev.

Reason I said that.........take a look at the front end picture.........the inner chassis rail seems to have been crushed and folded into the engine bay as well which in turn has pulled the outer wing under the bonnet.......so I would hazard a guess that rail would need cutting off and replacing.

Such a shame and we can only hope the insurance company opt to fork out and get it repaired but somehow I doubt it.

I find it quite pathetic and disgusting that even the minor knocks have led to mk2's being written off......I mean........ffs there aren't exactly loads of them kicking about :sad:

Don't mean to be a prophet of doom......apologies......just saying what I see.

I'm sure we can find you another one Gazza if we look hard enough ;)

Jim

Mat C
14-01-08, 02:32 PM
I think it will be a write-off too as Chris' damage sounded like it was far less than that and his was written off.

shroonie29
14-01-08, 02:51 PM
Don't want to be a prophet of doom,but those tyres look very worn.If they are ilegal the insurance will not pay.
On a lighter note Full MKII kit on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZS-FACELIFT-BODYKIT-AND-REAR-BUMPER-SALOON_W0QQitemZ250205716048QQihZ015QQcategoryZ104 14QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotoh osting

Shroon

Maxxed_Ross
14-01-08, 03:35 PM
good grief! that looks like it must have been some puddle

Gazza
14-01-08, 03:41 PM
Yes i did aquaplane, it was on a road i drive every day, and i go through the same puddle every time it rains this time it was deeper than i thought.

It happened on the A45 in Cov, i went over the puddle and when the tyres gripped on the tarmac it spun me into the keb which then sent me into the central reservation which spun me back onto the road.

I hope it gets repaired if not then i'll be looking at getting another Mk2 ZS diesel with the 180 bodykit again:bandana:

As for buying it back and stripping it i've got nowhere to keep it as the old dears weren't too impressed when it was abandoned on there drive.

Southern Storm
14-01-08, 06:34 PM
one word mate
B0110CK5.
Glad you are ok. Such a shame.

ZS
15-01-08, 12:33 PM
Shame your so far away... Otherwise I'd have offered the services of my drive and either you could fix it or strip for parts :D

(P.S. I'd have taken a few bits n bobs for my conversion... )

Gazza
16-01-08, 07:47 PM
The car was picked up yesterday to go for the insurance report.

The driver said it'll probably be the last time i see the car as it's hard to get the parts.

Seems like they've already made up there minds:wall:

Boot Hill Bandit
16-01-08, 07:52 PM
The car was picked up yesterday to go for the insurance report.

The driver said it'll probably be the last time i see the car as it's hard to get the parts.

Seems like they've already made up there minds:wall:

I do wish they would stop keep saying that! ARGH!!!!!!

Sure......some parts are hard to get hold of but the reason I reckon yours would get written off is because of the suspension damage not anything to do with parts availability!

As Kev said.......it is repairable.........but at a cost.......and looking at it........a bit of time on a jig. Thats a savable car with someone with all the right equipment and facilities.

Shame I have no mates 'in the trade' as that is one nice car :sad:

Jim

chriszs180
16-01-08, 08:59 PM
sorry for another zs

i didnt even want to take pics off mine as was so pisssssed off i just have a cracked frount and rear bumper and then my rads and fans were mashed it was only £2000 to get it fixed and resprayed but they wrote it off because of parts i just didnt care any more about it when i saw it having spent so much time doing bits and just finishing the stereo and it was looking so nice so i just wanted rid there are parts about but its if your insurace will pay storage to wait mine wouldnt i had 3 days to help them find bits and i had found everything but the rads they came up on the day i accepted the offer so they do come up hope it gets sorted and if not push for a good amount as i got £6100 for my 54 reg hatch so really push them tell them about this site and sound very enthusiastic about mg zs's my accesor asked me how much i thought it was worth as i new more than him and i said between 6 and 6.5k he came back with what i wanted so i was happy .

good luck they are so nice cars ..

but i need a change as well

Gazza
17-01-08, 08:03 PM
I'll ring my insurance company in the morning and find out what the verdict is.

I don't know how to go about gauging what my cars worth as the only diesel on auto trader with a body kit is £4950 which is a cat D.

Boot Hill Bandit
17-01-08, 08:41 PM
I'd suggest £5500+ surely......

So aim high......and let them bring you down a tad to £5500??

What do others think? I reckon you have a cracking car before the accident.

Jim

sduk
19-01-08, 05:56 PM
awww thats so sad :(

Gazza
25-01-08, 04:09 PM
Elephant have made a decision at last and it's not good news.

They've decided to write the car off (no surprise):cry:

I've asked for a copy of the assesment so i can see if it'll be worth buying the car off elephant and getting it fixed by a friend of a friends body shop, or buy a cheap run around and wait until another body kitted diesel turns up or even buy a 110/120 petrol

Maxfly
25-01-08, 04:14 PM
Elephant have made a decision at last and it's not good news.

They've decided to write the car off (no surprise):cry:

I've asked for a copy of the assesment so i can see if it'll be worth buying the car off elephant and getting it fixed by a friend of a friends body shop, or buy a cheap run around and wait until another body kitted diesel turns up or even buy a 110/120 petrol

Bummer fella, hope you can get her fixed up, really was a lovely car:yes:

ZS B19LYB
25-01-08, 04:26 PM
It happened on the A45 in Cov, i went over the puddle and when the tyres gripped on the tarmac it spun me into the keb which then sent me into the central reservation which spun me back onto the road.

Where on the a45 i use that everyday would be good to know the whereabouts of where it happned its unfortunate but all this rain is a joke. p.s i think i may have seen you before i am sure i saw one same colour on cov road in birmingham?? maybe was you. sorry to hear bout the car

Southern Storm
25-01-08, 05:42 PM
Damn shame. Luch car in a great colour. Hope it does survive.

Alan.F
26-01-08, 08:29 AM
Hate seeing dead zeds

Insurance companys are to quick to write MG's off these days it was only a few years ago my isurance company forked out a fortune to get this reshelled when i wanted it wrote off

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/FatGit/Odds%20n%20Sods/Car6a.jpg

Gazza
26-01-08, 02:00 PM
Where on the a45 i use that everyday would be good to know the whereabouts of where it happned its unfortunate but all this rain is a joke. p.s i think i may have seen you before i am sure i saw one same colour on cov road in birmingham?? maybe was you. sorry to hear bout the car

It was just after the traffis lights by the wing wah (heading towards birmingham).

Gazza
04-02-08, 08:58 PM
Well i've been sent a copy of the report and it says the bill to fix my car would be £9500.

No wonder they decided to write it off.

Does anyone know how to post online a ".tif" file? so you can all have a look at the report.:beer2:

Craig
04-02-08, 09:05 PM
9500!!! how the hell do they get figures like that. Any luck on finding a new motor mate?

arwilson80
04-02-08, 10:56 PM
Does anyone know how to post online a ".tif" file? so you can all have a look at the report.:beer2:

You can do it one of 2 ways....

1) Open it in whatever image program you have, click 'Save as', change the file type to JPEG / JPG and click OK. Post it up then.

2) Mail it to me and i'll change the format and post it up. :)

Maxfly
05-02-08, 08:02 AM
****** me, thats some repairs it must have needed!!! hope you have luck finding the zs you want, sure somethig will turn up soon!! Probably when you least expect it:)

arwilson80
05-02-08, 11:11 PM
1st page... (I couldn't get the others from the file you sent :no:.)
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b17/arwilson80/vlgl7gKKeVl.jpg

stamford
06-02-08, 08:29 AM
What! £9.5k! kin ell, they had no intention of doing a repair, taken the easy option. Sad to see another one go.

sarah
06-02-08, 09:27 AM
awww no!!

sorry to hear about this mate. whats your options now?

arwilson80
06-02-08, 10:11 AM

I'd say not many... The writing is on the wall for this one.

New / different MG or a new / different 'other'. :(

Gazza
06-02-08, 03:43 PM
1st page... (I couldn't get the others from the file you sent :no:.)

I only managed to open all the pages in outlook express :no:

I showed a bloke at work the report on my laptop and he said that id they probably know someone who's after one and wrote it off so they could buy it:whistle:

I'd like another Mk2 ZS diesel with the body kit, but i'll have to get something cheap to run around in until something turns up.

Or get a 120 with the kit fitted, or buy the body kit bit by bit and fit it to a standard ZS diesel

Gazza
06-02-08, 07:45 PM
After using print screen and cutting and pasting paint here's the rest of the report.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/lbh160/page2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/lbh160/page3.jpg

arwilson80
06-02-08, 10:04 PM
Whoa... Mama-mia... :yikes:

Gazza
07-02-08, 03:51 PM
Out of all those parts i dont know how much was actually neeede as the right hand wing mirror only had mud on it:detective:

Shafz
07-02-08, 08:04 PM
Wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffff

georgiansoccer
07-02-08, 11:28 PM
£520 for 4 tyres they are having a laugh.

Looks like they couldnt really be bothered to fix it and just put the price up so the insurance would write it off

arwilson80
07-02-08, 11:34 PM
Looks like they couldnt really be bothered to fix it and just put the price up so the insurance would write it off

I have my suspicions too....

Ravinder_Tomcat220T
07-02-08, 11:48 PM
Sorry to hear about that mate. Shame what's happened to such a beautiful. Main thing is that your ok. Cars can be replaced, your life can't.

Gazza
08-02-08, 02:59 PM
I think that the garage knows someone who wants to buy it and do it up:police:

Z Scotland
08-02-08, 07:36 PM
Those estimates are a joke.:shoot2: This wont be the end for this car.