PDA

View Full Version : Quick bucket seat owner question....

Smokey
11-09-13, 11:33 AM
Does anyone with aftermarket seats still have original seatbelts?

Just wondering how you mounted them as they are fitted to the ZS seats and there isn't anywhere to attach them on aftermarket ones?

Cheers.

stamford
11-09-13, 12:18 PM
I think I covered this before. I modified the OE brackets and mounted them to the runners. I'll see if I can find the info.

Smokey
12-09-13, 12:23 AM
That would be great Mick. Did that include welding though :S? I'll have a quick look too :)

stamford
12-09-13, 07:14 AM
No welding required. Can't find the info. From memory I used the ZS runners and took the seatbelt mount and bolted this to the runners. There was some modification required to the brackets in order to bolt them to the runner, extra holes I think. However some mods were done so I retained the drivers seatbelt and added eyelets for the harness.

Dave
12-09-13, 09:50 AM
If you need any, I have a old pair of seat frames from a R45, which I can remove the runners for you.

Saves taking apart a decent set of seats.

Cheers
Dave

Smokey
12-09-13, 10:26 AM
Dave, what exactly is on offer? Does it have seatbelt clips already attached to them? Will it take an aftermarket (and narrower) sport seat? And how much are you looking for? (Also with postage as I'm in Dundee!)

Dave
12-09-13, 11:20 AM
I have a pair of complete seat frames, and can unbolt the runners, I have just one seat belt buckle, I've sold the other.

The frames themselves are no good, but the runners are perfect.
No idea about aftermarket bits tho.

Call it £15 posted.

Cheers
Dave

Smokey
12-09-13, 11:32 AM
I'm confused? Are these standard runners?

Dave
12-09-13, 12:15 PM
Yeah, just standard runners, from original R45 seats.

Cheers
Dave

Smokey
12-09-13, 12:31 PM
Ah ok, sorry mate, wasn't fully understanding. I already have a full set from the track car, only difference is, it has buckets with harnesses so was just wondering how to attach the seatbelt clips for normal seatbelt use.