PDA

View Full Version : Another non-zed thread......sorry!

pb25
15-09-13, 08:26 PM
I've decided to tint the back windows of the pug. I can get a set of tints cut to fit the car model of fleabay (plus I used to work in the vinyl trade so I'm fine with applying it). But what shade of tint is normal? I can get 70%, 50%, 35%, 20% and 5% (thats percentage light coming in). I can get any combination of tints i.e. different for rear window, different rear passenger and different rear quarters. So what would be a good combo? Kids will be in the back and I would like to see out the rear view mirror!

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

talkingcars
15-09-13, 08:31 PM
What level of tint does it have as standard?

pb25
15-09-13, 08:32 PM
None in mine!

talkingcars
15-09-13, 08:34 PM
I'd go for something like 35% on rear and 70% on rear sides, possibly 25 or 35 on front sides.

pb25
15-09-13, 08:37 PM
Thanks talkingcars.....ive never had a car with tints so no idea what to get......my fear is I'll go too dark and not be able to see out the back lol. I was thinking 70% passengers, 50% back quarters and rear. Can you actually see through 35%?

talkingcars
15-09-13, 08:39 PM
I thought the % was the amount of light restricted.

pb25
15-09-13, 08:51 PM
Not in this case the add shows them and 5% is pretty much black with 70% being a slight tint so the % is how much light gets through

pb25
15-09-13, 08:53 PM
I'd go for something like 35% on rear and 70% on rear sides, possibly 25 or 35 on front sides.

So spinning that round do you mean (in this case) 70% rear and passenger and 30% rear quarters?

pb25
15-09-13, 08:54 PM
One other question......do different tints on one car work? Do they look naff?

andys1981
15-09-13, 08:58 PM
a would keep them the same all round mate if im honest,im sure with my corsa years ago i got done for the tints on the front windows sure the fronts must let in 70% light in

talkingcars
15-09-13, 09:27 PM
I'd go 30% front, 70% from B pillers back and 50% on the rear.

Maxfly
15-09-13, 09:46 PM
There will be a slight tint to your glass as standard bud, this gives means that you will only get away with the very very lightest tint for front windows...if at all. The tint to the glass is barely noticeable but if you add anything to it you will find it easy to exceed the legal limits! I currently have limo tint from B pillar bak and I think you would want lighter

pb25
15-09-13, 10:15 PM
Sorry forgot to say I'm not touching the front windows just back passengers, quarter and rear window. What is limo tint classed as? Blocked pretty much everything? I'm now thinking 70% light in all round or 50% all round

Maxfly
16-09-13, 06:34 AM
Sorry forgot to say I'm not touching the front windows just back passengers, quarter and rear window. What is limo tint classed as? Blocked pretty much everything? I'm now thinking 70% light in all round or 50% all round

That's a good question, anytime I have got tints done its has been a choice of three- Dark, Medium or light. Limo being classed as dark, I think medium is a good choice as you can still see out well enough, had medium on both my previous zeds but what percentage is what I'm afraid I don't know and doubt I have any pics that could show you the difference to help.

Supercharged_Z
16-09-13, 07:36 AM
The problem I found with no standard tinted windows is they really do not let light in at night.

Limo or dark tint is nearly impossible to see out of

peterzs
16-09-13, 10:16 AM
Hi, I was pulled over in Scotland, by the police, he put a gauge thing on the front windows and said they were below the permitted limits.

Been OK down south for 3 years.

He said you cant move the car £60 fine and 3 points.

Or.............................I could take the front pass and drivrs tints off.

Anyway they had been on so long, they wouldnt move.

In the end he said you go off that way and we will go tother.

As I had scratched the fronts in a desperate effort to get them off, The policeman was saying dont do that you will scratch the glass!!! Decided to remove them when I got home.

New 1 week old Range Rover was having his front tints, that he had just had done, removed, from advice from the police.

The tint guy said fronts can only be tinted to what they come out of the factory with!!

I've got dark on the rears, see ****** all out the back at night. Not much more during the day!!! But its only like a closed van, just have to use the mirrors more.

Before fronts removed.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/peterzs/2008_0525FUJICAMERAFOLDER20150.jpg (http://s297.photobucket.com/user/peterzs/media/2008_0525FUJICAMERAFOLDER20150.jpg.html)

After

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/peterzs/2010_0417kyra0001.jpg (http://s297.photobucket.com/user/peterzs/media/2010_0417kyra0001.jpg.html)

Wouldnt touch the fronts, but the dark at the rears for me.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: