PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone go to the Motorsport Show At the NEC in Birmingham?

rbull51
14-01-08, 04:12 PM
Did anyone go to the Motorsport Show At the NEC in Birmingham on the Sat 12th, Sun 13th?
I went on the saturday and would reccommend it to anybody for next year.
Here are a couple MG SV's and a rally ZR that were at the show. I saw 3 SV's all together at the show. The silver SV was registered on a 57 plate, you can just see it in the pic... See below....

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/rbull51/ee040.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/rbull51/ee005.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/rbull51/ee022.jpg

Southern Storm
14-01-08, 04:54 PM
Thats because they are back in production. Names are being taken for the next run. The red one next to it had a Roushe supercharger in it.

rbull51
14-01-08, 05:18 PM
Who is making the new SV's then? I did see the roush supercharged engine in the red one..

RalphG
14-01-08, 05:26 PM
The cars are being assembled by William Riley (of the Riley car family) and his crew. The silver SV at the show has a one-off polished silver rear spoiler that was made for the SV that was intended to be in the film 'Run'.

I don't suppose anyone got the build number (last 3 digits of the VIN) for the silver car?

ian zs180
14-01-08, 05:41 PM
I had a word with the old guy sitting down in that first pic with the silver sv he told me there building them again and are doing 4 a month at the moment .He said the company had bought the rights to the mg xpower sport and racing brand i also asked him how can he use the mg name now its owned by nac he said to me that mg and mg xpower is different although both were owned by mgr and the chinese only wanted the mg name not the mg xpower name . There also still going for around the 70k mark at the moment but he did say they were going to stop doing the bodys in carbon firbe as there a pain to work with and there hoping to do an all alloy body in the future and also try to lower the price to around the 50k mark

mattie007
14-01-08, 06:01 PM
MG Xpower is back! :king:

arwilson80
14-01-08, 09:42 PM
MG Xpower is back! :king:

Woo Hoo... :)

Saw a white S2000 car at Rally Ireland this year and it sounded beautiful.

Southern Storm
14-01-08, 09:50 PM
Yeah I tried chatting with him but some really pretentious **** in a ferrari T-Shirt was talking crap at him and I had to chip off. Any idea if they are going to make tuning parts again or just the SV

ian zs180
14-01-08, 10:12 PM
i dont mate if there gona make tuning parts again all i asked about was the sv being back in production

Mat C
14-01-08, 10:33 PM
I wasn't aware that Xpower ever made any tuning parts for the Zed range ? I thought they were all manufactured by other companys and just endorsed by MG Xpower ? Case being, Xpower exhausts = Janspeed. Xpower lowering springs = Eibach, which means they have always been available, just without the Xpower packaging/branding ?

Southern Storm
14-01-08, 11:08 PM
I wasn't aware that Xpower ever made any tuning parts for the Zed range ? I thought they were all manufactured by other companys and just endorsed by MG Xpower ? Case being, Xpower exhausts = Janspeed. Xpower lowering springs = Eibach, which means they have always been available, just without the Xpower packaging/branding ?

Good point I guess. Though my Xpower box is an Xpart one I think. Wonder why they never endorsed a filter kit for the 180?

arwilson80
15-01-08, 08:41 AM
They did didn't they...? The ITG (well maybe not endorsed, but it was 'Xpart approved')

Mat C
15-01-08, 08:52 AM
Good point I guess. Though my Xpower box is an Xpart one I think. Wonder why they never endorsed a filter kit for the 180?

All Xpower exhausts are mnade by Janspeed with Xpower branding. They may be sold through Xpart but they are still Janspeed.

Yes, the ITG Maxogen kit was the Xpower approved filter for the ZS180 and ZR160.

Trivia time !! Did you know that Scorpion made the exhaust tips for all the Zed range? While the exhausts themselves were mass produced from cheap metals in another factory, it was Scorpion who manufactured all the nice shiny, stainless ends !

Southern Storm
15-01-08, 08:59 AM
Ah I learn something new everyday. Only problem is then some of the old stuff falls out.
Did the ITG have XPower written on it or did they just say to customers 'buy this one'.

Mat C
15-01-08, 09:06 AM
It was still branded ITG.

Southern Storm
15-01-08, 09:34 AM
Hmmm Xpower must have approved it for a reason, but dammit why does it have to be the most expensive one.

arwilson80
15-01-08, 09:38 AM
Hmmm Xpower must have approved it for a reason, but dammit why does it have to be the most expensive one.

Because it is developed by a company that do a lot of induction work for F1?

RalphG
15-01-08, 05:25 PM
The company being run by William Riley that will be making the SV has nothing to do with XPower. However, the XPower name from my understanding has never officially been registered and is in use by other manufacturers for other non-MG products. RML (Ray Mallock Ltd) are using a logo very similar to the MG XPower one.

The XPower branded exhausts currently being sold by XPart are not made by Janspeed. To add to the confusion, Janspeed make their own range of exhausts which have the XPower branding on.

Confused? You will be, after this episode of Soap!

Boot Hill Bandit
15-01-08, 05:33 PM
:rofl:

I follow that.........but like you Ralph I am in the know.......cos you told me :D

Jim

Southern Storm
15-01-08, 07:36 PM
Clear

as mud.
No I get you thanks Ralph. :)

arwilson80
16-01-08, 08:44 AM
I get it too. It's easy.... Anyone can make Xpower stuff and use the name without any problems. :)

chriszs180
16-01-08, 09:52 AM
must make some xpower pants with the x like superman then.....................