PDA

View Full Version : Bxo5 zzl - anyone know it ?

BUCKYDEVIL
12-10-13, 12:13 PM
Muckin about on Autotrader(As you do) found this little surprise very close to home.
Saloon,look's like Firefrost Red & tidy Alcantara.
Mighty tempted to go see & maybe trade the ZS for a ZS :hmmm:
would help if anyone has background on it.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201309178825680/sort/locasc/usedcars/model/zs/make/mg/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/g680hx/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

peterzs
12-10-13, 12:23 PM
Love the write up.

petet16
12-10-13, 12:26 PM
I'll take a guess that the first owner was MGR, a lot of the late BX plates were cars they registered to themselves.

peterzs
12-10-13, 12:30 PM
Yep, my one was.

Maxfly
12-10-13, 03:29 PM
Certainly don't recognise it but will go wi the two P's thoughts about it being ex MGR. Looks lovely, only question is beltage unless I missed it? Really nice though and I always recommend swapping/wrecking a ZS for another one :D

andys1981
12-10-13, 06:18 PM
that is a clean looking zed,even the badges arent faded,maybe been garaged all its life,looks a fine example marcus

BUCKYDEVIL
18-10-13, 06:15 PM
Went and looked at this & it was in such good nick I coulda pitched a trouser tent on the spot :-)
belts not done though but that didnt bother me if price for a trade in was worth taking a punt on
Took it out for a run & I was well chuffed with everything bout it
asked bout a trade in & got offered £750 for mine. Pahh !!
Thought I would give the guy some time & to call me if he could up the price for mine,,
crap idea that, went back yesterday & it's sold :-(
So stickin with what I got for now & treated it to Continental sports on all 4 corners & went for
215/40/17 to try something different, went round an empty industrial estate & turned quick & hard on wet (wide) corners. Big smiles & found a bit of the trouser tent pitchin for the ZS I already have.
Tyre guy showed me a real nasty big screw in rear tyre inside sidewall,, coulda been nasty a blowout.

peterzs
18-10-13, 06:31 PM
Shame, but I always think there is a reason if you dont get it.

Dont know how the screws/nails always get in the sidewall, or the bit that they cant repair. Still lucky to find it when you did.

ZRed
18-10-13, 06:51 PM
Sounds like let's go turbo

BUCKYDEVIL
18-10-13, 06:52 PM
Shame, but I always think there is a reason if you dont get it.

Dont know how the screws/nails always get in the sidewall, or the bit that they cant repair. Still lucky to find it when you did.

Old saying is "What's for you wont go bye you"
Was a nice 180 & who know's new buyer may turn up here.

Yip Screw was really strange for the spot & how deep it was, I do check my tyres prob bout every 4/5 wks & check pressure at same time, but honestly never checked insides before. lesson learnt

BUCKYDEVIL
18-10-13, 06:59 PM
Sounds like let's go turbo

Mr Goldie, you are a bad man
But I like your syle
Get Xmas out the way then might be coming for a cuppa & chat to keep me interested in keeping a ZS
If only getting offered £750 for mine I might as well Thrash the VVC till it pops on a track then just plop something else in.
Don't get me wrong, the VVC is the best thing that's been done to my car but feel's like Ive had it so long I just need something to perk up my interest again.

ZRed
18-10-13, 07:18 PM
Yup I hear you. Not many decent Scottish turbos.