PDA

View Full Version : Maybe time to say goodbye

Craig-ZS180
19-10-13, 10:17 PM
I'm not putting anything in the for sale section as at present I'm still a bit unsure but I think the time has now come to say good bye to the ZS. It is one if those cars I thought I would never sell as its worked its way into our family and is a big part of us (I get quite attatched to my cars when they're nice ones) and especially as its just had the clutch, hydraulics (sheddist) and other niggles sorted out at a reasonable cost to myself but both me and the mrs are now feeling is going to be the time for us to part ways with the ol girl.

Once we know exactly what's happening I may well put a for sale thread up on here although I doubt anyone on here would want it for what ill be after but at least I suppose if you know someone that knows someone or you get what I mean. But yes in the near future my zs ownership may well come to an end.. For the time being anyway :)

Dan1971
20-10-13, 05:50 AM
Got to do what you got to do I suppose mate. Don't think you've been content for a while now.....

Good luck.

Selling as she stands or selling bits off ?

Craig-ZS180
20-10-13, 09:05 AM
Got to do what you got to do I suppose mate. Don't think you've been content for a while now.....

Good luck.

Selling as she stands or selling bits off ?

This is true and its through no real fault of the car as like I say just had the clutch done which when dropped out was really quite bad. Didnt think it was actually bad to drive but probably was more if got used to how it drove as now is totally different and picks up easier so think the old one must have had a mild slip getting to the end.

This is the question, my mate thinks ill probably get more for it as a complete package as she stands now which I think may possibly be true but if when its advertised and doesn't get much interest Iay start returning more to standard and either keep the bits (for another later on) or sell in to hopefully recoup some pennies. Its proving to be a hard choice to make though as I keep putting off the "listing" date as it were as I do still enjoy it but at the same time some of the enjoyment from it has gone now.

We shall see.

Doesn't help that yesterday I took my mate to pick up his brand new MG3 from Apple MG in Gravesend, they had a very nicely spec'd 6 TSE in there that looked and drove very nicely for what it was and had all the toys on it.
So many choices an I really don't know what I want to do lol.

talkingcars
20-10-13, 09:08 AM
Go out for a long drive with no real purpose.

Dan1971
20-10-13, 10:02 AM
There's a silver MG6 TSE saloon for sale at a Porsche garage on Autotrader. 11 plate - low miles and you'd get it for £8K.

If you're not sure - don't do anything.

Craig-ZS180
20-10-13, 03:43 PM
Go out for a long drive with no real purpose.

Done this before James and it usually works but I think I am at that point now where a change is needed. Not saying I won't own another one over the next few years but I think we've run our course together with the current one.

There's a silver MG6 TSE saloon for sale at a Porsche garage on Autotrader. 11 plate - low miles and you'd get it for £8K.

If you're not sure - don't do anything.

I hadn't thought about getting one until I spoke to Laurie at Apple yesterday as obviously the costs are well off my price range but he said due to my contacts ( my mate I took to collect his car) he would do a good deal on one if their finance packages which would be a car of the spec I want for a fair wack under their current finance deal. Only reason I thought about it really. Was a lovely car that I went in though.

Dan1971
20-10-13, 04:00 PM
Done this before James and it usually works but I think I am at that point now where a change is needed. Not saying I won't own another one over the next few years but I think we've run our course together with the current one.

I hadn't thought about getting one until I spoke to Laurie at Apple yesterday as obviously the costs are well off my price range but he said due to my contacts ( my mate I took to collect his car) he would do a good deal on one if their finance packages which would be a car of the spec I want for a fair wack under their current finance deal. Only reason I thought about it really. Was a lovely car that I went in though.

Just dont get a new one from a dealer would be my advice.

Motorpoint are knocking them out brand spanking for £10,995.

ZRed
20-10-13, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't touch a 6 or 3. Terrible. Get far far more for your money elsewhere.

ZRed
20-10-13, 04:04 PM
It sums MG up when they compare their new model to a Dacia. Pathetic.

Dan1971
20-10-13, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't touch a 6 or 3. Terrible. Get far far more for your money elsewhere.

I had a 6 for the weekend and didn't think a lot of it - more for your money elsewhere though. Not sure about that to be honest.

What 6 sized car with leather, nav etc etc can you get brand new for £10,995 then ?

Mark S
20-10-13, 04:41 PM
It sums MG up when they compare their new model to a Dacia. Pathetic.

that is funny!

us silly brits allow the chinese to take the peas out of us... stick a british badge on a pile of junk that has come from a chinese junk shop and the fools will queue to get their orders in!
yes the 3 is cheap, but so is other tat on the market, the difference, one wears a badge!

Craig-ZS180
20-10-13, 04:58 PM
Before people start slagging off a car and going into a big debate in if its poor quality or not I was only saying that it was a thought after speaking to them and having been in one. I'm not saying I will be buying one or not and at the end of the day I know they're not a proper british MG of old but at the end of the day it has a lot of equipment on it for £7995 and is till covered under warranty and is a good family sized car.
I've been looking mostly at golfs/boras as a replacement more the golf estate but they are unless played with very boring and plain and then they are not the marque I really like.
Everyone will have an opinion on the new Mgs and that is not really why I said this on the thread but at the end of the day they are a decent well equipped car for the money that not many other decent makes have an equivalent of. All the cheap brands are cheap, its bit trying to be the equal of a bmw or similar so it seems ok for what it is in my mind. Its bit my first choice of ideal replacement but its a worth while thought when you take into account all the things they are offering me.
Still least its sparked off a bit of a chat I suppose :)

Dan1971
20-10-13, 05:34 PM
What do you actually want from your car Craig ? Maybe worth writing a list of what you want on a bit of paper and getting the Mrs to do the same. Then have a look at running costs and purchase price.

You've mentioned VW and Seats before .... Leon diesel ?

Craig-ZS180
20-10-13, 05:51 PM
Have done that too Dan, its hard as I don't think I really know what I want either lol. Everything feels like it falls short of the zs in one way or another but then again there are better things out there.
Leon's are nice but that and the golf hatches are just too small. Smaller boot and overall space than the zs which now is a no go for us now. It has to be a good at everything, space for all the family gear, reasonable to run, practical but most importantly have plenty of fun with a big grin factor as I get very bored very quickly and need the car to make me smile.
There are cars if get in a heartbeat if I knew the running costs wouldn't be catastrophic as for us on my measly income that is the killer.

I'm just too indecisive at the mo as got so many things going on with health/home/work & wedding I can't think about only one thing at a time. I know I'm my own worst enemy but that's the way I am.

Dan1971
20-10-13, 05:56 PM
Ah well mate .... it's all part of the fun. No-one said life was easy eh ... !

Craig-ZS180
20-10-13, 06:08 PM
Ah well mate .... it's all part of the fun. No-one said life was easy eh ... !

This is too true mate, everything at once as usual. Just a pain as the health is affecting the whole package at present. Trying times ahead whilst we make some big and hard choices with things.

ZRed
20-10-13, 06:17 PM
that is funny!

us silly brits allow the chinese to take the peas out of us... stick a british badge on a pile of junk that has come from a chinese junk shop and the fools will queue to get their orders in!
yes the 3 is cheap, but so is other tat on the market, the difference, one wears a badge!

They had one at knockhill. The boy who was there from mg was as chuffed as punch with it. Asked what was thought of it, cheap crap - nothing of what MG once stood for. His reply, well when you look at its direct competitor at Dacia we're better.

Shoot for the stars and all that.....

ZRed
20-10-13, 06:20 PM
Dan, just because something's cheap, doesn't make it an efficient buy. Good job it has a warranty, theyve nothing but problems. If and when they can get parts to fix them. Ask any mechanic working on them just now, they are poorly designed and built.

Dan1971
20-10-13, 06:57 PM
But that's the thing - it does have a warranty.

I know what you're saying about quality. I slaughtered the one I had for the weekend - all I'm saying is that it's cheap and has a mahoosive spec - that's all.

mattie007
20-10-13, 07:11 PM
Test drove a 6 the other day and its a very nice car, felt better to drive than the pre production test drive I had in 2010. Id always been tempted by a ZT but with them now being 7-10 years old I want something newer. With my new job I'm doing lots of miles and a 6 TSE will do nicely :) Its quicker than my ZS, handles as well, better built and lots of toys. I really like the 3, but I prefer saloons.

Dan1971
20-10-13, 07:25 PM
SE Saloon in Red - Brand spanking new - £8995. SE has sat nav as standard.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201310029079263/sort/locasc/usedcars/model/mg6/make/mg_motor_uk/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/cm210jt/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/100/advert-type/standard-listing?logcode=ucbnp

TSE Saloon in Silver. 11 plate with under 6K miles - £8295
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201309068663652/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/mg6/make/mg_motor_uk/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/keywords/tse/radius/100/page/1/postcode/cm210jt?logcode=p

Cheap as chips.

mattie007
20-10-13, 10:21 PM
A lot of car for the money with the added bonus of buying from a Porsche garage!

ZRed
21-10-13, 12:08 AM
Better of buying a C1. You'll get that as a courtesy car when the 6 is off the road anyway. Cut out the middle man.