PDA

View Full Version : Luke Warm Heater

KirkJames
31-10-13, 08:47 PM
MY heater is only blowing luke warm air. When I turned it from mid way to hot last week I thought I felt something snap and now the dial seems to move a little too freely. Could this have broken off of the control behind it?
Can I look by taking the dial out or do I have to take out the central console??

Maxfly
31-10-13, 08:55 PM
Possibly just the knob that's has broken, iirc they just pull off so easy enough to check and then find a cheap replacment from here or eBay to replace it:)

talkingcars
31-10-13, 08:58 PM
Mk1?

I've heard of the control rod failing but don't ask me how.

You could try adjusting the valve that is quite low down on the bulk head if you can get to it.

petet16
31-10-13, 09:21 PM
Also make sure the cable hasn't sprung out of the clip on the drivers side of the heater unit.

andys1981
31-10-13, 09:29 PM
Also make sure the cable hasn't sprung out of the clip on the drivers side of the heater unit.

thats what used to happen in my last zs,sounds like that may be the problem

KirkJames
31-10-13, 11:06 PM
Possibly just the knob that's has broken, iirc they just pull off so easy enough to check and then find a cheap replacment from here or eBay to replace it:)
Nice one mate, will try that first I think.

Mk1?

I've heard of the control rod failing but don't ask me how.

You could try adjusting the valve that is quite low down on the bulk head if you can get to it.
Where is that buddy? Any pics?

Same as above matey, where will that be and any pics?

Maxfly
01-11-13, 08:57 AM
To check the car heater adjustment rod hasn't popped out pop you head into drivers footwell and look in the area behind the centre console you should see wires, black plastics and metal rods. Check the roads are not hanging loose as the guys above suggest :)

KirkJames
01-11-13, 10:23 PM
ok I will have a look tomorrow, cheers fella