PDA

View Full Version : New Disks and HID's

ZS B19LYB
16-01-08, 05:51 PM
fitted my new disks & pads all round braking is much better and no sqealing from the pads like before because they were so worn and also fitted my HID kit.

Next to come are some coilovers and new wheels.... :D

Shafz
16-01-08, 06:54 PM
very nice!
am i right in thinking they are 8k?

ZS B19LYB
16-01-08, 10:54 PM
very nice!
am i right in thinking they are 8k?

cheers mate!
yea they are 8k, people have said there too bright so i have got them facing down at the mo but they seem fine to me :smile1:

Shafz
16-01-08, 10:56 PM
yeah i had the same problem so had to manually re-align the lights and have them facing down. gives the car a more modern look and u can see much better when driving
il defo have HIDs on all the cars i buy from now on!

also when i had grooved zs180 disks on my old zr, when braking hard you could feel the pads going over the grooves, you get the same?

ZS B19LYB
16-01-08, 11:00 PM
yeah i had the same problem so had to manually re-align the lights and have them facing down. gives the car a more modern look and u can see much better when driving
il defo have HIDs on all the cars i buy from now on!

yea they are much better i am a bit blind in the dark so i always have my fogs on which are very bright but drove from leaminghton to birmingham the other night and didnt even need the fogs just the HID's lit up the road well enough and its well kool the way it light up anything beside you towards the front of the car of course..

ZS B19LYB
16-01-08, 11:03 PM
also when i had grooved zs180 disks on my old zr, when braking hard you could feel the pads going over the grooves, you get the same?

didnt see that at the bottom....
well i have tried at the moment not to brake to hard as they are still bedding in will let you know if i do feel it

Craig
17-01-08, 06:23 AM
looking great mate, gotta love the hids. My mates got 3 sets of hids on his zr, dipped, full beam and also a set in his rally bumper lights. Looks fantastic!

arwilson80
17-01-08, 08:55 AM
HID's look good. I have to be careful what i do to my car though as they don't like insuring us lot in N.Ireland. :(

ZS B19LYB
17-01-08, 12:00 PM
looking great mate, gotta love the hids. My mates got 3 sets of hids on his zr, dipped, full beam and also a set in his rally bumper lights. Looks fantastic!

yea thats good my mates got them on his dipped beam but some how has managed to get it it to flash aswell when you pull the lever back looks well good

Robstar
17-01-08, 12:25 PM
Funny that I spoke to some guy whos advised fitting the HID kit, would normally cause issues with MOT in the future, as these have to be Factory fitted ewhen the vehicle comes out of the factory. Does any one have issues with their MOT when this kit is fitted?

ZS B19LYB
17-01-08, 05:04 PM
i have heard that but i am sure that someone on this site said they passed their MOT with them on...

arwilson80
18-01-08, 08:56 AM
There are lots of people pass the MOT with them fitted... I think it's basically to do with the beam pattern being set correctly.

Craig
18-01-08, 08:59 AM
havent heard of anyone having mot probs with them as yet.

Maxfly
18-01-08, 11:12 AM
if the beam is set properly i reckon it is hard to tell a fail from a pass, from what i can make out if your retro-fitting hid's to a car you should also fit self levellers and headlamp cleaners, but it seems a very grey area at the moment hence conflicting advice and info:)

arwilson80
18-01-08, 11:16 AM
if the bean is set properly i reckon it is hard to tell a fail from a pass, from what i can make out if your retro-fitting hid's to a car you should also fit self levellers and headlamp cleaners, but it seems a very grey area at the moment hence conflicting advice and info:)

So true.

I have just been thinking... because of the way HID's are fitted it's simple just to disconnect them and realign the old halogen ones meaning there is nothing wrong with them for MOT...

sduk
19-01-08, 04:55 PM
v nice :)