PDA

View Full Version : UKPC parking charge

Jay-ZS+
01-12-13, 03:35 PM
Anyone know what the latest on these is. Thought it was best to just ignore but a mate said thats not what you got to do now.

Its from a retail park for parking in a disabled space- carpark was full and there were at least 10 empty disable spaces was in and out of the shop within 10 mins!

Mark S
01-12-13, 03:54 PM
If the car park was genuinely full without a space left, I would go to the shop that you went in, show your receipt as proof you actually bought there, explain your situation to the manager and ask if they will contact the company who gave you the ticket to get it cancelled.

On the other hand, if there were spaces but you felt it too far to walk, then shame on you!

Jay-ZS+
01-12-13, 04:05 PM
There probably was the odd space but there were loads of disable spaces free. Do you have to still have to show a badge in a private carpark? If it was a council one I'd hold my hands up and say fair enough but didnt think the private companys could enforce and its £60 if I pay within 14 days otherwise its £100!!!

stamford
01-12-13, 04:06 PM
On one hand you should not park there. On the other hand I would ignore it. The wife had one over a year ago and I ignored every letter they sent, all gone quiet now. I consulted moneysavingexpert forum for clarification. Alot depends on who runs or owns the lands the parking is on, if council you must pay, if a private company then its different. The shops do not have any ownership over the parking.

Jay-ZS+
01-12-13, 04:17 PM
Yer admittedly I shouldn't have been parked there but wasnt as f I'd taken the last space and was out the shop within 5-10mins max. My receipt is 15mins after I clocked out of work and I drove to the shop!

Apparently disable spaces in private car parks are there to meet a requirement in the Equality Act 201. However, the blue badge scheme does not apply on private land. Will do some reading on money super market

talkingcars
01-12-13, 05:42 PM
You shouldn't have parked there so you should pay a penance.
However I would pay it to a disabled charity and not some private parking company.
Get a receipt from said charity and send it to the parking company.

TBH I have ignored these before and eventually they stopped writing.

daytona365
01-12-13, 05:58 PM
Or, get a mate to break ya leg, thus proving you are disabled............

Jay-ZS+
01-12-13, 06:01 PM
You shouldn't have parked there so you should pay a penance.
However I would pay it to a disabled charity and not some private parking company.
Get a receipt from said charity and send it to the parking company.

That's not a bad plan, might add it to my annual donation to help for heroes.

drroberts490
01-12-13, 07:29 PM
That's not a bad plan, might add it to my annual donation to help for heroes.

A very worthy cause

Jay-ZS+
01-12-13, 07:48 PM
A very worthy cause

Yer is the only charity I feel strongly about.

talkingcars
01-12-13, 09:07 PM
What about "homes for heros"?
Make sure it's the UK version.

R8NMG
02-12-13, 09:11 AM
No excuse whatsoever to be parking in a disabled space if physically abled. People have have no patience these days of driving round waiting for an empty space. They see a bit of pavement, grass, kerb etc and just dump the car there.

Having said all that, general advise is to ignore the notice. Personally cars parked not where it supposed to be should be crushed.

Jay-ZS+
02-12-13, 09:27 AM
No excuse whatsoever to be parking in a disabled space if physically abled. People have have no patience these days of driving round waiting for an empty space. They see a bit of pavement, grass, kerb etc and just dump the car there.

Spare me the speech! :yawn:

shycho
02-12-13, 09:43 AM

The GF actually laughed at my refusal to park in a disabled space the other week.

Driving to an out of hours pharmacy at a Boots on a massive retail park, I parked in the nearest non-disabled space instead of one of the empty disabled bay's right by the door.

In hindsight, parking in one of the disabled bays probably wouldn't have been a problem, as there were only three of us in the entire car park of about 400 spaces, of which about 20 are disabled bays. But it's just second nature now to avoid them like the plague. Unless of course i'm chauffeuring my mother around, as she has a blue badge, in which case I get some very interesting looks parking a ZS in a disabled bay.

R8NMG
02-12-13, 10:00 AM
Spare me the speech! :yawn:

This is the type of attitude why there are so many diseases within the driving population. No one give a damn but themselves.

Jay-ZS+
02-12-13, 10:08 AM
This is the type of attitude why there are so many diseases within the driving population. No one give a damn but themselves.

:laugh: Yer ok!

dida4g
02-12-13, 12:17 PM
Police and council are the only 2 to pay.
Ignore all letters from the rest, do not reply.

peterzs
02-12-13, 12:37 PM
Think Jays got the message, dont want this to turn into one of those nasty type of threads.

All Jay was after was advise on the parking charge ticket.

Couple of years back Son in law parked in a private car park next to the BMW garage he was visiting. Had a official looking charge notice with a picture of his car.

He ignored it and then the company upped the anti and said it would take him to court. He replied that he didnt see any signs, only visible on the way out.

After a few more threatening letters it all went quite and he didnt hear anything else.

Dont know about any new rules though.

talkingcars
02-12-13, 05:16 PM
They changed the regulations on wheel clamping so most clampers weighed their equipment in and now just issue parking charge notices.

tcb 180
02-12-13, 06:12 PM
Look at Honest Johns website. I did have a beaut of a draft letter saved but due to change of computer can't get it back. At best offer them a nominal fee of say £10. Ask for photographic evidence of who actually parked the car etc etc. But yes the bottom line is ignore them and if they persist warn them that they are harassing you and if they do not stop, you will take it further.

Jay-ZS+
13-01-14, 09:59 AM
So had my first letter through, their photographic evidence made me laugh! :laugh:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/2014-01-13103850_zps83c66a4f.jpg

Thought rather than just ignore it thought I'd give them the common decently to inform them it wasn't going to be paid with the letter bellow:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/jayhowl/Capture_zpsb069a002.jpg

Smokey
13-01-14, 11:23 AM
I love this response! And the picture is classic!

Smokey
13-01-14, 11:27 AM
in which case I get some very interesting looks parking a ZS in a disabled bay.

I do love the fact that people think that having a disabled badge requires you to have the ugliest most boring car! I used to use disabled bays when my gran was shopping and you do get evil looks until they see the badge go on the dash!

hansligg
13-01-14, 12:50 PM
I've had loads of tickets off private companies asking for fines, note that if its a council charge (Penalty Charge Notice) then unless you have grounds of complaint, id pay.

If its private land and the ticket is from a private company acting on behalf of the land owner (IE. Hospitals in North ran by Parking Eye LTD). These tickets, take them as a scare mongering tactic. you are in no way obliged to pay the ticket, it may look official but its an invoice asking for your money, not a charge. I have ignored about 4 letters from them on 2 separate occasions, if you don't reply, you tend to get 2 reminder letters then nothing after that.

They are a con and a way of recouping money from sources other than the facilities it holds.

lots of videos of these idiots trying to give parking tickets out.

adam
13-01-14, 01:00 PM
Just had a quick butchers on the www.paycharge.co.uk site and they have a bunch of photos of the front/side of your car....however as said they're a private firm and that's an invoice so just ignore it.

stamford
13-01-14, 01:03 PM
The response is very nicely put James, their photo evidence is very poor.

Jay-ZS+
13-01-14, 01:13 PM
The response is very nicely put James, their photo evidence is very poor.

Cheers, would have at least thought they'd get a photo showing the front!

Supercharged_Z
13-01-14, 03:40 PM
yeah they do have lots of images of the front of your car, looking inside etc clearly showing nothing on the dash.

still good fun though

tcb 180
13-01-14, 04:00 PM
You forgot to tell them that if they continue to pester you it is harassment and you will be taking matters further. End of!

M17TT180
13-01-14, 04:32 PM
And that you'll be invoicing them for your time, cost of paper, stamps etc. Bout £1000p/h should be fair.

talkingcars
13-01-14, 05:24 PM
http://www.paycharge.co.uk/jpg-resizer.aspx?img=images/photos/rDkTlk5DrDkTlk5D/2693303AjpgdiW4ZXjTa7hz.jpg&height=287&width=381&type=E

It's a good letter but I'd be inclined to ignore it and admit to nothing.

Jay-ZS+
13-01-14, 05:54 PM
http://www.paycharge.co.uk/jpg-resizer.aspx?img=images/photos/rDkTlk5DrDkTlk5D/2693303AjpgdiW4ZXjTa7hz.jpg&height=287&width=381&type=E

It's a good letter but I'd be inclined to ignore it and admit to nothing.

How did you get that?!

adam
13-01-14, 06:01 PM
How did you get that?!

There are a bunch on their website, if you enter your reference number and reg.

Jay-ZS+
13-01-14, 06:15 PM
There are a bunch on their website, if you enter your reference number and reg.

Oh yer! Guess that makes point 2 invalid. lol

pheelay
13-01-14, 07:03 PM
Oh yer! Guess that makes point 2 invalid. lol

It's a picture of your car taken at any random place in the car park! Anyway, it doesn't change the stance of them having no way to force you to pay.

They changed the regulations on wheel clamping so most clampers weighed their equipment in and now just issue parking charge notices.

That's progress. Our muppet for transport has gone the other way and private clamping is to be legalised in 2014 :thumbsdown:
http://www.thejournal.ie/clamping-legislation-published-in-2014-1233293-Dec2013/