PDA

View Full Version : scu

petet16
16-12-13, 05:35 PM
Well, my scu issue ballooned into a full blown hissy fit, so I contacted Technozen who says he can check, and fix it.

In the mean time I'm slumming it in our v6 180 :yawn::tease:

Maxfly
16-12-13, 08:31 PM
An terrible being down in the gutters eh lol. Good that technozen will be able to fix it though:D

petet16
16-12-13, 08:37 PM
He didn't seem fazed by the symptoms, but he's repaired loads of them so has probably seen it all before.

I do like 180's really btw, I just wish the urge matched the sound.

Maxfly
16-12-13, 08:58 PM
Aye, wish I had the ability for that sort of work a lot of the time.
Haha, Tis fair enough bud, I'm sure I would like more power but as the V6 is what I drive and is what I am used to I'm quite happy. You must fairly miss the turbo grunt:)

petet16
17-12-13, 02:44 PM
I did a test fit of a spare scu today, everything functioned correctly, so when Technozen returns the original normal service will be resumed, ptssh.:angel:

stamford
17-12-13, 03:21 PM
One good reason why I would like to 'borrow' a VXR engine from a Vectra sometime ;)

petet16
17-12-13, 03:24 PM
It'd make a nice sleeper Mick :whistle::fishing:

stamford
17-12-13, 03:28 PM
I must admit the thought of a turbo charged V6 mated to a 6 speed gearbox is mighty appealing and with so much power and torque as standard, why not! Time to look for write offs! :evil:

petet16
21-12-13, 02:10 PM
scu tested..................nothing wrong with it, I love cars with electronics, not.

Ritchy
21-12-13, 04:39 PM
What's it doing pete?

petet16
21-12-13, 04:50 PM
It started by sounding the horn every time I locked it, which suggested a mislock, but all the doors, boot and bonnet where fully closed.

At the same time as the above was going on the wash wipe function was playing up, you'd get a jet of fluid, and instead of the usual 3 or 4 wipes of the screen plus one extra after a pause the wipers continued operating.

The first time all this happened I switched the ignition off, opened and closed the drivers door and all was back to normal, the following day it did it all again, only this time switching the ignition off and opening and closing the drivers door didn't make any difference, so I cleaned the switch on the drivers b post although it seemed ok, checked the sounder for water, but it was dry.

I tested it with the spare scu I've got and everything worked fine, so I sent mine off too get checked, Paul contacted me this afternoon to say the scu worked fine on test.

So, I'm going to replace the battery in the fob, and the switch on the drivers b post and take it from there.

KevG
21-12-13, 05:37 PM
Strange, Maybe it needed a hard reset, ie complete power down.

Ritchy
21-12-13, 06:07 PM
Mine had the wipers jammed on after a trip through Glencoe, was when it was cold it happened, checked everything back and it was the scu that was faulty, next day back to normal, then it jammed again a few days later, suspect the int wipe relay was jammed, replaced scu, all good again.
That was last year, them two nights ago had the alarm going off in the middle of the night, was raining so assumed sounder, removed and it wss dry, then had the horn beeping when trying to lock, all doors shut bonnet too ect, tried bending the bonnet shut switch bracket up, still nothing, ended up going round all the doors and manually pressing in the switches, turned out the nsr switch was at fault. Removed cleaned and reffitted and its been okay since.

petet16
21-12-13, 06:21 PM
I can go with the sticking relay causing the wipers.

I'm going to change the 2 offside door switches because I've got some new ones kicking round doing nothing, and they were the 2 doors that I opened before this started.

Ritchy
21-12-13, 06:34 PM
Daft question but is the switch broken? Seen that happen before

petet16
21-12-13, 06:51 PM
errrr, I never actually looked at the switch :blush:

Ritchy
21-12-13, 07:21 PM
They are only made of plastic so can break pretty easy