PDA

View Full Version : They're called FOGlamps for a reason!

Enright
23-12-13, 05:41 PM
Just in case the hooded yoof in the stickered-up Trophy Blue Mk1 ZS that I saw in Arnold a little while ago frequents these pages:

I wasn't asking what bulbs were IN your foglamps, and I certainly didn't care if they're HID's or not! What I actually said as we passed in traffic was "scuse me mate, you've got your chav lights on!", because that's what I think every time I see someone coming towards me with the things blazing away (and so do most other right-thinking people).

For info, the police are looking for ANY excuse to pull motorists over at this time of year and breathalyse them. Garry-boy foglamps hand it to them on a plate. And while you may well not have been drinking, do you want them going over your car with a fine-tooth comb to make the pull worthwhile, and at the very least making you late?
Even if Plod finds nothing else to book you with, you can still be fined for intentionally dazzling other motorists.

And if that's not a good enough reason to use a bit of common sense, it makes you look like a chav. It's bad enough that MG/Rovers have an uphill struggle of shaking off the "bargain-basement, poverty motoring, only see 'em razzing around council estates" image from the critics, without owners making the problem WORSE!

So if it's not foggy, or you're in a traffic jam and can quite clearly see the car in front, then do us all a favour - after all the clue is in the name! :chair:

Rant over, Merry Christmas everyone!

petet16
23-12-13, 05:47 PM
Aaand breathe :D

Enright
23-12-13, 05:56 PM
Good job he wasn't on his mobile phone at the same time or you might have witnessed a burst blood-vessel on screen Pete! :D

petet16
23-12-13, 06:06 PM
Messy, but I agree re foglights, and people who leave the rears on :thumbsdown:

stamford
23-12-13, 06:10 PM
Rears are worse but so are those that stand on their brakes lights in traffic jams especially if it's those LEDs, fecking annoying!

talkingcars
23-12-13, 06:39 PM
Good argument but they can be used in any conditions where visibility is less than 100m.

tcb 180
23-12-13, 07:38 PM
HID'S OUGHT TO BE BANNED ON ANYTHING ABOVE THE HEIGHT OF 3' I'm sick of arseholes in Rangies and the like up my chuff & burning my retinas out.

adam
23-12-13, 07:51 PM
Rears are worse but so are those that stand on their brakes lights in traffic jams especially if it's those LEDs, fecking annoying!

That really grinds my gears too, stick your bloody handbrake on and take your foot off the brake!

petet16
23-12-13, 08:00 PM
That really grinds my gears too, stick your bloody handbrake on and take your foot off the brake!

Ah yes hand brake, that's the pull to turn lever between the seats.........right ?

Skillen
23-12-13, 08:13 PM
Ah yes hand brake, that's the pull to turn lever between the seats.........right ?

Oh you mean the parking brake? But I'm not parking I'm waiting at lights :/

sheldore
23-12-13, 08:44 PM

Or the right handside between the seat and door if you drive a citreon van like i have too sometimes.

Jason04r
23-12-13, 09:17 PM
People in Spain always use fog lights , so dam annoying . if someone is coming the other way with them on I just put my full beam on , some switch them off and some dont. You'd be terrible in Spain , mind I can't get anywhere without thinking someone is going to crash into me , no rules , no indicators ... Drive me mad , really don't want to drive the mg when its done ...

Squeaks
24-12-13, 08:44 AM

All well and good unless the handbrake does not hold the car like my Jaguars one the other week, I had to stand on the brakes

KevG
24-12-13, 05:59 PM
Also...its the ones that jump on the brakes for no reason, braking every 10 secs or so, ever heard of coasting!!!!!

B8sy
24-12-13, 11:08 PM
Have to agree with whoever said rear fogs are worse, it drives me crazy (no pun intended). Extreme spoiler is awesome for blocking dazzling headlights out from behind.

tcb 180
25-12-13, 06:22 PM
My handbrake would take me off the road that's the problem. Its a foot pedal higher up and just left of brake pedal. Release lever under dash.

red robbo
26-12-13, 03:12 PM

Agreed, rears and LED brake lights are eye destroyers.
Fronts don't bother me, it's a relatively spread beam anyway.
It's some of the DRL's that are a nuisance, but the debate on DRL's has been done to death.
Anyway, Merry Christmas / Happy New Year.