PDA

View Full Version : Leaving a car parked up

ZSbhoy_1724
17-01-14, 02:32 PM
I'm going to be beaving my ZS parked up for around 2-3 months any precautions I should take to ensure the engine will start straight up when I go to start it in a few months time I will be taking the battery out so that it doesn't go flat because the bluetooth handsfree drains the battery if it's not started for longer then a week and I will be putting an old set of wheels on it so the tyres don't start to rot, any other precations I should take in regards to coolant etc.

Ritchy
17-01-14, 06:47 PM
Should be fine, maybe grab one of thos silicone gel packs to soak up any moisture, and if you are being anal you could spray some oil down the bores to stop any rust building....but tbh it should be fine provided the head gasket ect isn't away. If its outside prehaps stick some bags over the wheels to stop rain getting onto the brake discs

daytona365
17-01-14, 06:59 PM
fly one of us over to car sit.........

Smokey
17-01-14, 08:05 PM
To be fair, the track car sat for 4 months outside without a battery. I put the mk2 battery in it a couple of days ago and it started up quicker than the mk2 does!

Testament to the amazing guys that fitted the engine I would suggest ;)

grimmy
17-01-14, 10:19 PM
To be fair, the track car sat for 4 months outside without a battery. I put the mk2 battery in it a couple of days ago and it started up quicker than the mk2 does!

Testament to the amazing guys that fitted the engine I would suggest ;)

Ooooooh yeah.

ZSbhoy_1724
17-01-14, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the tips lads really appreciated