PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

daytona365
27-01-14, 08:28 PM
Its that time of year again for me...The Zeds insurance runs out next month, so the renewal turned up in the post today................................

I was shocked to see how much they wanted.

Last year my quote was £386, this year...£598!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus looking through small print, although its a renewal so they have all my details, they want to charge me £30 admin fee for setting up my policy.

So straight on to the pc and now got him insured for same cover for £299.....

Do they think that you dont check your renewal?

petet16
27-01-14, 08:33 PM
That's exactly what they think, a surprising number of people just renew without shopping round.

Cally180
27-01-14, 08:37 PM
I think they know they are doing it. You will usually get hit with a dearer renewal, just chancing it. Hoping the few that don't shop about just take it, and if you do shop about they tend to come in with a better price, and you stick with them that way.

I've been with elephant for a good few years but a couple of times they tried it, shopped about told them and they matched or beating it.

adam
27-01-14, 08:51 PM
I've been with Adrian Flux for years now, every time at renewal I get quoted lower elsewhere AF matched it and reduced by a smaller amount.

daytona365
27-01-14, 08:57 PM
I had that happen once, rang up my insurance company, told them ID found a cheaper quote and they went hold on..........came back with a cheaper quote, funny thing was the two companies were both owned by the same holding company...

Also the other rub, I noticed my renewal added all the "extras" I ddint want last year back on!!! Do they think Im stupid. If I didnt want them last year why would I want them this year?

p_b82
28-01-14, 07:03 AM
Insururance do it, but the worst are the AA i think.

Every year they force me to ring them up and request the discount that the end of the phone people offer, as when they do that it is funnily enough within a £5 of the cover i can get from other companies... it can be a real pain when your are busy though to have to go through the hassle!

peterzs
28-01-14, 10:14 AM
Not just insurance, I'm with the RAC, had a letter saying they were going to take £££ out of my account for the coming year.

Checked around and found the AA same cover, was £95, about £25 cheaper.

Rung up the RAC and told them I was cancelling, and dont take my money.

Guess what?? Guy asked why, "AA cheaper", we will price match that, he said. As I had the new card I renewed with the RAC.

But does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Thats a new trick they have started, get your bank details and automatically renew next year. They do have to let you know, but we are all busy doing things. Think thats what they rely on!!!

:pirate2::pirate2::pirate2: