PDA

View Full Version : Any one fancy a Sunspot 180

peterzs
29-01-14, 11:58 AM
Just in case, saw this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-180-WITH-PRIVATE-PLATE-AND-MONOGRAM-PAINT-/271385167791?roken=mWONG0

:wave::wave:

pheelay
29-01-14, 12:04 PM
Great colour! :cap:

I didn't 'get' the custom plate until I read the descripton tho

petet16
29-01-14, 12:14 PM
The seller is a forum member I think.

petet16
29-01-14, 12:15 PM
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/member.php?u=5151

Dan1971
29-01-14, 12:38 PM
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=27220

Doesn't mention having done the belts in the for sale advert but mentions that it's booked in for them in the thread....

Been talking to me about my clocks too - think the issue was about the temp.

peterzs
29-01-14, 02:53 PM
Good spot Pete.

tcb 180
29-01-14, 04:27 PM
Few dinks but nothing that can be fixed ?????

Cally180
29-01-14, 05:41 PM
Few dinks but nothing that can be fixed ?????

.. I see what's happened their ;) ;)

I do like that one, I prefer a mk1 or a mk2 more I think of it.

deano9621
29-01-14, 06:37 PM
Yep,this is my zs...only selling as just got another car(family car)and cant keep the zs as well,only issue with the temp is the temp clock on dash is lazy and need another..temp is fine,and the few dinks in doors are just shopping ones,had a dent guy coming out,but if car does not sell then i will keep her in garage at home till i have funds to keep her back on the road:(

daytona365
29-01-14, 06:40 PM
Yummy yellow one, we need more yellow in the club..

peterzs
29-01-14, 06:58 PM
Keep it.

:slap::slap::slap:

mrmick
29-01-14, 07:33 PM
If it was a mk2 i whould take it

deano9621
29-01-14, 07:42 PM
To be honest guys,i don't want to sell it:(..but i don't think i could keep another car as i got my work car(taxi) and now a xsara Picasso,which i am paying for and the zs in my garage,but if the zs doesn't sell then i will have to sell the xsara and then keep the zs:sleep:

Dan1971
29-01-14, 07:47 PM
If it was a mk2 i whould take it

Buy it and convert the front end ...

mrmick
29-01-14, 07:51 PM
Deano whats is the build number plz

peterzs
29-01-14, 07:58 PM
Did think of you and Mrs Mick, when I posted it up.

;);););) :smile1::smile1::smile1:

deano9621
29-01-14, 08:03 PM
Build no?..just inside driver door on the mg plate yeah?

mrmick
29-01-14, 08:12 PM
You can check what number it is as they only made 15 zs in sunspot and i have numbers 12 and 13

mrmick
29-01-14, 08:13 PM
On monogram register deano

deano9621
29-01-14, 08:14 PM
Where do i check this mate...cheers Deano

deano9621
29-01-14, 08:51 PM
Found the build no for my zs 180...its the first one to be in sunspot yellow:mml:build no 1 yeah :laugh:

big_wasa
29-01-14, 09:04 PM
I've never even seen a mk1 in sunspot.

Cally180
29-01-14, 09:52 PM
Build number one?? That's worth an extra penny or two for sure :P

More reason to keep!

pheelay
29-01-14, 10:07 PM
You can check what number it is as they only made 15 zs in sunspot and i have numbers 12 and 13

jeez, didn't know the figures were that low! Thought I read somewhere that ~50 were made. Maybe that was the whole Z range. Will have to check my build # tmoro then:)

Ritchy
29-01-14, 10:20 PM
Nice motor, be a shame to switch it to mk2, looks so nice as a mk1(not that the mk2 isn't as nice)

mrmick
30-01-14, 05:29 AM
Keep it deano garage it

petet16
05-02-14, 09:55 AM
Bought by someone on xpf.

Roverload
12-02-14, 07:25 PM
Yeh, I bought this, it's not the clocks. It's a thermostat. I'm only here because someone felt the need to pm me on another site trying to suggest that there was possibly something I didn't know about the car that I wouldn't like, then tried to sell me some clocks! Not very happy to be honest, bit of a shitty thing to do! Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!

pheelay
12-02-14, 07:45 PM
Found the build no for my zs 180...its the first one to be in sunspot yellow:mml:build no 1 yeah :laugh:

Where on the car do you find the build number?

Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!

Great buy and welcome to the site! You going to stick around? There's always room for more yellows around here :medieval:

Dan1971
12-02-14, 08:00 PM
Yeh, I bought this, it's not the clocks. It's a thermostat. I'm only here because someone felt the need to pm me on another site trying to suggest that there was possibly something I didn't know about the car that I wouldn't like, then tried to sell me some clocks! Not very happy to be honest, bit of a ..... thing to do! Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!

Don't think so pal .... wind your neck in.

This is what I sent you -

Title - Your new car.
The guy that sold it to you had sent me a few messages on themgzs.co.uk (great site by the way if you're interested - very friendly and some very knowledgable guys) because he was having issues with the temp guage. He wanted to buy a replacement set of clocks off me. He never bought them by the way.

I'm not saying that there are issues. I've never met the guy or seen the car - but it may be worth your while having a look over there at a few of his threads to see what he was concerned about.

All the best mate and it seems that the car is in good hands now.

deano9621 is his username over there.

All the best - Dan.

So where on earth you see that as a negative I have no idea - and the reason I mentioned that he hadn't changed the clocks was to let you know that they had not been changed - not that I was offering them to you. I made it clear that I didn't know the guy or the car.

Anyway - welcome to the site.

Roverload
12-02-14, 08:17 PM
Whatever dude. Yeh I may stick around, I'm more of a piston heads type of chap but you seem to have some good technical info which the other sites seem to lack, I'll be doing a guide to seam sealing at some point so I'll make sure I post a copy on here too because these zs cars are really susceptible to catastrophic rot in some awkward places!

talkingcars
12-02-14, 08:22 PM
Hi and welcome

James

Roverload
12-02-14, 08:28 PM
URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Roverload/media/WP_000866_zpsfbc74b8c.jpg.html]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Roverload/WP_000866_zpsfbc74b8c.jpg[/URL]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Roverload/WP_000867_zps9fb649b3.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Roverload/media/WP_000867_zps9fb649b3.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Roverload/WP_000868_zpsf907bbaa.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Roverload/media/WP_000868_zpsf907bbaa.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Roverload/WP_000870_zps1d375e3f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Roverload/media/WP_000870_zps1d375e3f.jpg.html)

MG ZS STE
12-02-14, 08:34 PM
That colour really de-ages the mk1. Nice motor :yes:

petet16
12-02-14, 08:44 PM
Yeh, I bought this, it's not the clocks. It's a thermostat. I'm only here because someone felt the need to pm me on another site trying to suggest that there was possibly something I didn't know about the car that I wouldn't like, then tried to sell me some clocks! Not very happy to be honest, bit of a shitty thing to do! Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!

I don't think Dan was trying to suggest that the car had some hidden fault that you might not be aware of, there had been quite a few posts on here about it running too cold, the previous owner wanted to change the clocks, or move the temp needle to it's normal position so it would read just under half, which isn't a solution, it's just working round a potential issue, if he'd plugged a live data reader in it would have shown what temp the ecu was seeing, he could then have acted accordingly.

It's a good looking car, I hope you you stick around.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Roverload
12-02-14, 09:14 PM
It's going up to halfway and dropping to a quarter then back up and down so blatant thermostat, heaters don't get mentally hot either, I'm going to fit an oil temp gauge and pressure gauge soon anyway but my main priority is sorting the inner wings and floor pan, I love the car but the build quality is about the worst I've seen on such a modern car.

stamford
13-02-14, 07:07 AM

Not the best 'hello' post is it? Slagging off a respected member who has clearly proved he was not doing as you stated but was offering some friendly advice. 'Whatever' is not an apology in my book just a teenage reply to a parent or elder who has little respect.

peterzs
13-02-14, 09:41 AM
Hi and :hi:

We are a friendly lot on here, and any help and advice will be freely given.

Pity if you took some advice the wrong way.

Stick around and you will see what a great site this is.

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

deano9621
13-02-14, 11:11 AM
hi all ,just to calm things down guys,ian i am happy that your happy with the zs,and to clear things up,i did replace the tempature gauge as it was very slow and would not move over a quarter,so put another one from another set of clocks of a zs 180 which are working alot better,hope this clears things a bit more,and no hard fellings guys,look after her Ian as i do miss her already looking at those pics:smile1:

ZRed
13-02-14, 11:35 AM
Looks more like Dan was trying to sell a set of clocks.............. :)

stamford
13-02-14, 11:37 AM
:laugh: stirrer!

Roverload
13-02-14, 02:24 PM
I'll look after her dean, amazingly the original owner got in touch on piston heads and sent some photos of when it was brand new, still looks exactly the same now as it did then!

Roverload
13-02-14, 02:33 PM
Not the best 'hello' post is it? Slagging off a respected member who has clearly proved he was not doing as you stated but was offering some friendly advice. 'Whatever' is not an apology in my book just a teenage reply to a parent or elder who has little respect.

Whatever wasn't supposed to be an apology. And it isn't "slagging off" as you so eloquently put it. I wasn't happy, I got the impression he was trying to sell me something that I don't need, and he suggested there are issues I may not have known about, what do you think would have gone through my head after that message? Maybe the person I bought the car off it untrustworthy? Maybe it's a nail or there's something untoward gone on with it? I'm a big fan of minding your own business and that is all I have to say and that is all I will say, I would have just left it where I did but seeing as you seem to want an explanation there it is. I like your website, it'll be a useful tool to me and the people seem nice (not to mention the fellow banana mobile owners) but if you don't like that then ban me I guess...

peterzs
13-02-14, 03:14 PM
We are a friendly bunch on here, but look after our own.

Cant remember the last time we waved the big stick at anyone, but we do, and will.

Maybe put this behind us and start afresh.

You seem to have some good ideas and plans, so I'm sure you will be a useful and welcome member.

Roverload
13-02-14, 04:56 PM
I call that a plan. So afresh. I'm ian, 28 from Cornwall, I'm a courier / training boat builder / marine engineer. I like cars and boats, not much else to say. Nice to meet you all!

mrmick
13-02-14, 05:23 PM
Welcome aboard buddy , best forum on net

peterzs
13-02-14, 05:43 PM
Hi Ian and :hi:

Plenty of help on here, if needed.

Waiting to see the rust protection "How to".

:happy2::happy2::happy2:

Maxfly
13-02-14, 08:49 PM
how do and welcome, looking forward to the rust protection thread. Can have a good guess on some of the areas that will be covered:)

Steven11
14-02-14, 07:33 PM
I call that a plan. So afresh. I'm ian, 28 from Cornwall, I'm a courier / training boat builder / marine engineer. I like cars and boats, not much else to say. Nice to meet you all!

Hi ian. I use to work for a Fairline/Sealine dealer. Love boats, my old boss had a Fairline Squadron 75. It was some piece of kit. Always remember each tank cost about £600 to fill and it took about an hour and a half fill because once one tank was full we had to spin the boat round to fill the other. Was a total pain in the arse.