PDA

View Full Version : I've got the bug!

Greatmg!
02-02-14, 04:24 PM
I intended my ZS180 to be used as a weekend car, but after a few trips in it over the last two weeks, I have been bitten by the bug and love it to bits! My daily driver is an R32, which is an awesome car, but in comparison to the MG it feels so detached from the driving experience - never thought I'd say that!

Ok, so first issue, the MOT . . . the MG has a full aftermarket decat system, inc manifolds, so can anyone recommend a sensible garage I can go to in Essex for an MOT? I have the original manifolds and centre Cat which I can take with me . . .

On to mods . . . I'm going to fit heated seats, which looks relatively straight forward, but I'd like to sort out the interior lighting and believe a TF mirror is the one to go for and some sort of Honda light fitting. Can anyone provide any more information on how straight forward this is and whether I need to do any wiring?

Cheers,
Paul.

peterzs
02-02-14, 04:28 PM
Glad you got the bug, they do make you grin, love my derv.

Hope some one comes along and can help with your questions.

:wave::wave::wave:

stamford
02-02-14, 04:41 PM
There is a guide in the 'How To' section but unfortunately the OP has removed the links to the pictures!

Greatmg!
02-02-14, 04:54 PM
Thanks Stamford, I have just checked it out. I think I can follow that without too much drama . . . famous last words!

Greatmg!
03-02-14, 12:24 PM
Just nabbed an MGTF mirror for under £10 delivered, so I'm looking forward to fitting this.

Honda interior light fitting is next!

peterzs
03-02-14, 12:40 PM
Good mods.

:wizard::wizard::wizard:

Greatmg!
03-02-14, 01:42 PM
Hi Peter,
Have you put a Honda light in? If so, can you just confirm what I need to get? And is it relatively simple?
Paul.

peterzs
03-02-14, 04:57 PM
Sorry, apart from a few tweaks to the engine not done any mods!!!

Sure someone will be along that has.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

talkingcars
03-02-14, 08:54 PM
The light you need is from a late 90's honda accord executive. It is a simple plug and play although you need to scrape the paint away from the face of both screw holes.

The MGF mirror does reqire some wiring, have you bought this as well?

Greatmg!
03-02-14, 10:36 PM
Arghhhh, no I haven't got the wiring, just the wire coming out of the mirror body with a yellow connector on it. What other wiring and connectors do I need?

I'll keep my eyes peeled for an Accord exec light fitting. Do you happen to know what led bulbs we need for the interior lights?

talkingcars
04-02-14, 04:47 PM
Arghhhh, no I haven't got the wiring, just the wire coming out of the mirror body with a yellow connector on it. What other wiring and connectors do I need?

Pmail me your addy, I'll post you the wiring you need.

Greatmg!
04-02-14, 05:15 PM
Thanks, PM inbound!

talkingcars
04-02-14, 06:54 PM
Thanks, PM inbound!

I'll get it off in the next few days.

Greatmg!
04-02-14, 07:07 PM
Thanks! Is there soldering required, or is it a case of clipping in connectors? I'm guessing soldering!

talkingcars
04-02-14, 09:34 PM
Ideally soldering.