PDA

View Full Version : one driver less this season at the btcc

andys1981
07-02-14, 03:13 PM
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/02/07/frank-wrathall-sentenced-to-21-months-prison-for-careless-driving/

grimmy
07-02-14, 03:28 PM
Silly silly lad.he has to live with that for the rest of his life.

Mark S
07-02-14, 05:04 PM
old news that was kept under wraps during the 2013 season.

andys1981
07-02-14, 05:21 PM
yeah dont know the full story,but it must have been bad for a sentence and a 4 year ban.

petet16
07-02-14, 05:26 PM
It was reported, but as the court case was pending, not much detail was available, hell of a thing to live with though.

stamford
07-02-14, 07:40 PM
Surprised he continued to race during the remainder of that year with that happening.

sneekyparrot
07-02-14, 08:02 PM
Sad, one life gone and another in screwed up.
Been many times I have arsed about on the road on 2 and 4 wheels at well excessive speeds ( as we all have !) could easily find yourself in same situation but then again could it be because he is a race driver that the sentence is heavy.
Just very sad for all evolved :-/

Supercharged_Z
08-02-14, 08:49 AM
He was driving his company van while on the phone and knocked somebody over

sneekyparrot
08-02-14, 09:57 AM
He was driving his company van while on the phone and knocked somebody over

ummm did not know that, again something i think everyone has done but i do think the sentencing in this country is so inconsistent.

P.

Ritchy
08-02-14, 10:36 AM
No excuse to be on a phone

grimmy
08-02-14, 11:37 AM
No excuse to be on a phone

I'm with you ritchy.no excuse ignore the phone when driving and deal with it when you stop.

splinter
08-02-14, 01:16 PM
As already said one life gone and he's got to live with what he's done. There is no excuse for using a phone while driving. Even using hands-free I challenge anyone to see all the things that happen during the time of the call. I know I can't.

Smokey
08-02-14, 02:03 PM
I am still dumbfounded by the amount of people I see driving while on their phone. First a £60 fine...so what. Then £60 and 3 points...so what. What is it going to take to make people think twice about answering the phone in the car?!

peterzs
08-02-14, 02:03 PM
Is a shame, "there but by the grace", and all that.

Guy didnt go out to have that happen and I suppose seeing he was a BTCC driver and all that entails thought he could handle any driving situation.

Suppose we should all learn something from this sad episode.

talkingcars
08-02-14, 06:16 PM
Full story - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2553969/Championship-racing-driver-jailed-crashing-killing-cyclist-phone-girlfriend.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

mattie007
08-02-14, 06:27 PM
Very sad for the family. Everytime I go out on the bike you get someone cutting you up because they are not concentrating.
Beeped my horn at a white van man today who was on the phone. The reaction was two fingers and flashing the lights for about 5 miles behind me. Tw@t

Enright
08-02-14, 06:40 PM
I'm surprised that more hasn't been made of this in the media. I would have thought that setting an example to all was in the forefront of the court's mind when passing sentance.

I have no hesitation in ringing numbers on the side of company vans when I see drivers on their mobile phones (and I would urge every right-thinking individual to do the same). Why do we have to wait for them to cause accidents before being made to understand that their illegal actions are endangering everyone around them?

Ritchy
08-02-14, 07:02 PM
I'm surprised that more hasn't been made of this in the media. I would have thought that setting an example to all was in the forefront of the court's mind when passing sentance.

I have no hesitation in ringing numbers on the side of company vans when I see drivers on their mobile phones (and I would urge every right-thinking individual to do the same). Why do we have to wait for them to cause accidents before being made to understand that their illegal actions are endangering everyone around them?

Hopefully while you aren't driving....only kidding.
I do a bit of cycling myself and I am by no means a militant cyclist, I wait at traffic lights and by no means cycle too quickly being on a mountainbike, but all the time I'm cut up, pulled out on and last year actually knocked off my bike. So no need to add another distraction into the equation with a mobile.