PDA

View Full Version : T16 conversion Help!

ZSONE80
07-02-14, 07:31 PM
Hi peeps, does anybody have pictures to show where all the water hoses go and vacume pipes on the zs with the t16 turbo (using TD rad and intercooler) as my mechanic is pulling his hair out trying to figure out where they all go.

petet16
07-02-14, 08:14 PM
I haven't got any pics, but he'll probably need a few elbows and joiners to get it all connected up.

A basic run through if he starts at the thermostat housing, there are 3 unions, the largest goes to the top of the rad, the medium one goes to the heater inlet, and the small one to the top of the expansion tank.

Moving on to the water pump, just one pipe going to the bottom of the rad via the metal pipe with 3 connections on it, one connection is the heater return, one for the pipe from the bottom of the expansion tank, and the final one is the return from the turbo core, the small pipe on the rad goes to the small coolant pipe on the turbo.

ZSONE80
07-02-14, 10:43 PM
I haven't got any pics, but he'll probably need a few elbows and joiners to get it all connected up.

A basic run through if he starts at the thermostat housing, there are 3 unions, the largest goes to the top of the rad, the medium one goes to the heater inlet, and the small one to the top of the expansion tank.

Moving on to the water pump, just one pipe going to the bottom of the rad via the metal pipe with 3 connections on it, one connection is the heater return, one for the pipe from the bottom of the expansion tank, and the final one is the return from the turbo core, the small pipe on the rad goes to the small coolant pipe on the turbo.

:thankyou:

Din
08-02-14, 05:58 PM
I took a hack saw to a ti lower rail and used some joiners etc from the v6 hoses.. also cut a v6 top hose up and used eBay joiners ti create my own hose (due to keeping ac) standard ti top hose will fit Perfectly between the stat housing and rad.