PDA

View Full Version : Traffic master clock - yay or nay?

Greatmg!
11-02-14, 08:27 PM
The standard clock in my ZS has a problem with the digits not always displaying fully.

I was going to get a Traffic master clock to replace it with, but searching the internet it seems that firstly they don't work anymore! And secondly they seem to have a habit of resetting themselves or losing time, so maybe one to avoid?

Opinions?

Dave
11-02-14, 08:49 PM
The standard clock in my ZS has a problem with the digits not always displaying fully.

I was going to get a Traffic master clock to replace it with, but searching the internet it seems that firstly they don't work anymore! And secondly they seem to have a habit of resetting themselves or losing time, so maybe one to avoid?

Opinions?
Pointless buying the clock to take advantage of Traffic Master, seeing as the vast majority is turned off, so just buy a normal one.

Cheers
Dave

BUCKYDEVIL
11-02-14, 08:54 PM
Yip as mentioned traffic master is now defunct, looks better than normal clock though
As slightly larger display
I would only change it if your current clock loses segments.

Greatmg!
11-02-14, 08:54 PM
Roger that, good point!

Is there any sort of aftermarket alternative? Something which has a temp gauge or anything like that?

BUCKYDEVIL
11-02-14, 09:06 PM
Roger that, good point!

Is there any sort of aftermarket alternative? Something which has a temp gauge or anything like that?

Something like this would be better http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Auto-LCD-Digital-Clock-Thermometer-Temperature-Voltage-Meter-Monitor-EA-/350944952048?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51b5f2fef0
But would check sizes etc to mount straight into the gap.

Greatmg!
11-02-14, 09:20 PM
Cheers, will follow that up.

peterzs
12-02-14, 09:42 AM
My Traffic clock still shows the traffic even after it was supposed to be turned off, not that I look at the traffic side much.

But its never reset or loss time.

caled
12-02-14, 10:01 AM
Mine runs a little fast. Think its about 6 minutes ahead at the minute. The traffic master thing no longer works for me, either. Not done for a while now.

peterzs
12-02-14, 12:20 PM
Just shows how much I look at mine!!!

petet16
12-02-14, 01:25 PM
The TM disappeared round the S Wales area some time last year, I'm not sure if that applies for all areas.

grimmy
12-02-14, 02:46 PM
Something like this would be better http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Auto-LCD-Digital-Clock-Thermometer-Temperature-Voltage-Meter-Monitor-EA-/350944952048?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51b5f2fef0
But would check sizes etc to mount straight into the gap.

Has anybody tried something like this my clock is starting to lose segments so needs replaced.

Jay-ZS+
12-02-14, 02:55 PM
Traffic updates are pointless in the bristol area, I can tell you from my sofa traffic is bad as its always bad. Its all the bloody cyclists on the roads round here.:rant:

There was a guy on .org who was developing a replacement for the clock that gave, mpg and such info. I was considering fitting one to my old zed.

BUCKYDEVIL
12-02-14, 04:31 PM
Has anybody tried something like this my clock is starting to lose segments so needs replaced.

Seen it done in a ZR, not with this exact clock though but similar
just need to get one closest matching the size, as clock is mounted behind a recess it shouldn't be too hard and would need to make sure if it has multiple function buttons that they are on the front for ease of access to reset time etc.

BUCKYDEVIL
12-02-14, 04:34 PM

How to repair the clock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsz8vwW8L7E

grimmy
12-02-14, 06:17 PM
How to repair the clock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsz8vwW8L7E

Nice one buddy that helps just need to get the bigger out now.

peterzs
13-02-14, 10:21 AM
And the iron on.

:-D:-D:-D

grimmy
13-02-14, 10:31 AM
And the iron on.

:-D:-D:-D
Will need to ask the wife where she keep it:whip: