the place to be 10yrs ago?

grimmy
12-02-14, 07:10 PM
XPF ? been a long time coming lol.

long live themgzs.co.uk

Who?:deadhorse:

pheelay
12-02-14, 07:50 PM
That error just looks like a server upgrade gone wrong. It shouldnt be terminal.

Don't we like XPF?! Forum rivalry aside, there's still a wealth of info on there that would be a shame to see lost :sad:

petet16
12-02-14, 07:53 PM
There's still lots of useful info on there, it's just gone very quiet on the forums.

grimmy
12-02-14, 07:58 PM
My post was only in jest.personally I don't really like it but wouldn't like to see it disappear cause like you say pheelay lots of info and clever people over there I just find it very cliquey.

pheelay
12-02-14, 08:02 PM
exactly. A great site in read-only mode :o) Then, if everyone thinks like that, no wonder it's quiet..

talkingcars
12-02-14, 08:29 PM
I regularly post.

MG ZS STE
12-02-14, 08:47 PM
It's probably only a temporary thing but then, more and more posts have been to criticise the site for being too quiet. I did like Pete's quote the other day about it only sleeping but I fear it may never wake up.

Just goes to show any forum is only as good as the people that use it and at that time.

Supercharged_Z
12-02-14, 09:39 PM
seriously that place is a graveyard, been around a long time but i remember the days when posts were mad. nowadays there is zero activity really and what is is repeated here and so on. Just shows what a looked after forum can achieve.

Anyhow I wont miss it, certain moderators picked and choosed who they favored , and ended up getting my goat up.

I told them in 2010 I would never post again, I did post again but only for my benefit which is sad but they chose for me to do that.

many others left too.

LozMachine
12-02-14, 09:45 PM
Clickey?? i personally dont think it is/was, just a bit more "grown up".....

grimmy
13-02-14, 05:43 AM
Clickey?? i personally dont think it is/was, just a bit more "grown up".....

Yes cliquey.that was always my experience "personally"

peterzs
13-02-14, 10:05 AM
Was a great site, pity you had to be one of "the in crowd", for any posts to be answered or recognised.

I pop in and out and post now and again.

Other day I felt sorry for a new guy that had just joined and no one had replied. So I put up a Hi post.Two others also said welcome. So that was three, guess what, all on here as well.

Was going to say that on the post, but thought better of it.

Think the final nail was selling the site to a Canadian group that started advertising stuff. But not seen that for a bit.

Trouble is fb is getting bigger and having more groups, all take the members away from forums.

Glad this is such a friendly group.

:gathering::gathering::gathering::gathering:

andys1981
13-02-14, 10:40 AM
its still down at the moment

Drew
13-02-14, 05:53 PM
dissapointing, had some good posts on there.

Drew

talkingcars
13-02-14, 09:48 PM
Think the final nail was selling the site to a Canadian group that started advertising stuff. But not seen that for a bit.

I thought that was .org.

sneekyparrot
14-02-14, 05:54 AM
dissapointing, had some good posts on there.

Drew

Yeah had some good reads on there but noticed big time over last few months it's just a token post from usual suspects, sometimes I would
Not be on for a few days but only a few post when I connected back up.

Had a whiff of disappearing up own behind, no tapatalk which is same as .org, that pissed ppls off as they were trying to flog there own product.

Just tend to stick between here and rovertech.

P.

petet16
14-02-14, 07:50 AM
Still down this morning.

ian zs180
14-02-14, 03:17 PM
Still down now it is a shame I liked xpf aswell as here of course any mg related forum that goes is a shame but never mind we still have this forum long may it continue

Quadcam24
14-02-14, 04:04 PM
shame but inevitable tbh.. and it will happen here too unless new models are embraced on to the forum, there are no new zs and fewer left all the time.
A forum dedicated to one car cannot survive when all of those cars have gone.

Trouble is because they are worth nothing its making the likely hood of the zs surviving long term much less likely, many are not maintained properly because having the belts changed costs as much as the cars worth, insurance just write them off for very little damage etc.

shame but true....would i have another....damn right i would :yes:

stamford
14-02-14, 04:58 PM
Most one model forums have a limited shelf life and that includes us. If we were to open up it would lose it's roots and it is a forum for the ZS and other discussion afterall. Personally we will keep going all the time there is interest and people wanting somewhere to find information or just a natter etc. As for embracing other models, do we really want that? No doubt there are such forums already so no need to rock the boat.

As for XPF, if it is struggling then that is a shame as no-one wants to see a fellow forum shut.

Supercharged_Z
14-02-14, 07:15 PM
xpf caused there own destiny, poor moderating, owner who bought it and never gave it any attention etc.

Truthfull or not, rovertech is a good example of a huge brand, I joined that place in 2001 and it was buzzing however you can see the years of no manufacture and the cars being scrapped taking its toll. its rather dear from its hayday.

MG ZS STE
14-02-14, 10:26 PM
Well it's back so get over there and get posting :whip:

pheelay
14-02-14, 10:51 PM
:clap2:

Dan1971
15-02-14, 08:03 AM
There are plenty of regular posters on here who have had a ZS, but don't any more. They still come on for the crack and to see what's happening. Some guys will have a ZS for ever - Daytona to start with springs to mind - others myself included dip in and out of ownership.

Forums that are purely focussed on the cars may struggle a bit - we won't for a good while yet I'm sure.

talkingcars
15-02-14, 08:07 AM
Go on then guys - who has posted on this thread has visited XPF and posted since this thread was started?