PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible?

ZSbhoy_1724
15-02-14, 11:04 PM
So seeing as my ZS is off the road for a few months I thought it's a good a time as any to do some mods to it one I want to do is a push button start and after reading the HOW TO guide I was wondering would it be possible to mount it on top of the gear knob (bit of an 8 year old bond fan moment) and have the wires in behind the gator? anybody attemted this on any car before?

Jason04r
15-02-14, 11:23 PM
Seems daft as if you was to accidentally press it ( Which you will because your hand pushes on the gearknob ) your guna wreck your starter motor... :/

But the end of the day its possible lol

stamford
16-02-14, 07:36 AM
I doubt it as the starter button is quite bulky underneath with regards the contacts for what work it does.

petet16
16-02-14, 08:02 AM
As above, I can't see it working with the standard knob, and are you sure you want a starter button on the knob.

chris01
16-02-14, 11:42 AM
You can buy gear knobs with the button already on them, av a look on ebay...they also have a flip cover so you cant accidentally press it whilst driving

ZSbhoy_1724
16-02-14, 09:30 PM
You can buy gear knobs with the button already on them, av a look on ebay...they also have a flip cover so you cant accidentally press it whilst driving that's spot on :thankyou: