PDA

View Full Version : Very lucky... Near accident experiance

ZS B19LYB
21-01-08, 10:57 AM
Well its satarday morning and i am heading to work in solihull as i was driving down the warwick road in birmingham a guy in a lexus is200 who seemed to be in a hurry and was trying to overtake me, i carried on driving as normal and when the road split into two lanes he decided to overtake so i let him past, the road then turns into a single 30 zone road and as it did there was a taxi coming out of a side road and as the guy drove past the taxi driver pulled out and sent him flying to the other side of the road both cars were blatently write of i had to break hard to avoid it my self but after stopping thought if he hadnt overtaken me that would have been me in my zs. that was so lucky.

arwilson80
21-01-08, 11:07 AM
Phew.... Bet you breathed a sigh of relief when you managed to get stopped.

Shortly after i came out of my '"R's" i had to break from 90 to get stopped in a similar situation. I know i shouldn't have been doing that speed but i really was glad that the right lane on the dual carriageway was empty. I don't want to hear a car scream down through gears (while breaking hard) like that for a long time.... :(

papa_lazaroo
21-01-08, 12:10 PM
Well done on missing the mele.

that Warwick Road is a bit of a black spot for accidents. I hate going down there, and the Stratford road.

Maxxed_Ross
21-01-08, 01:12 PM
sounds like a close one. A very near miss indeed

chriszs180
21-01-08, 02:19 PM
dam you would have needed more than the strut brace to fix that ....

good luck was shinging on you then and a good job the zs stops so good
:yikes::yikes:

ZS B19LYB
21-01-08, 04:29 PM
yea it was well lucky thank god for the new brakes. yea mate stratford road is the worst well shody drivers down there

carl-mgzs
21-01-08, 10:22 PM
i use the stratford, warwick and cov road every morning to get to work and there are accidents waiting to happen on every inch of those roads!

ZS B19LYB
21-01-08, 10:25 PM
i use the stratford, warwick and cov road every morning to get to work and there are accidents waiting to happen on every inch of those roads!

i use the cov road in d morning too well dodgey specially in the morning u got people coming from left right centre and people driving who are still half asleep. lol