PDA

View Full Version : Another near miss

Maxxed_Ross
21-01-08, 01:21 PM
Must be the week for close calls or something :sleep:

Last night was driving back from town but decided to take a blast along the motorway, off at the Kincardine bridge and back along the Bellsdyke Road - it's a loop I do fairly regularly.

Anyway came off the motorway onto a roundabout, onto the dual carrageway before the Bellsdyke road starts. Half way along this road there is a cut out where traffic for a hotel can cut over - where a Jeep was sitting waiting

So there I am doing just over 60 in the fast lane (it's only about 2 miles long so wasn't thrashing it) and the total dipstick I was about to overtake flashes the guy out!

before I can even brake there's a Jeep broadside right infront of me. I pulled on every brake I could think of and slid to a stop just as the bloke got out of the way enough for me to pass by mere mm's. :yikes:

The guy got out to check I was ok then went to talk to the stupid WOMAN who flashed him out. If I hadn't been a gibbering mess I would have knocked both their blocks off

arwilson80
21-01-08, 01:29 PM
I think we need a smiley that is wiping it's brow at this rate!

I can see why you were a gibbering mess... I would've been the same. It's why i rarely ever flash anyone out. Too dangerous...

StevieA ZS120
21-01-08, 01:29 PM
i know the section well matey had a couple of close calls there in the past

Maxxed_Ross
21-01-08, 01:38 PM
it's a bloody dangerous idea, especially in the dark

ZS
21-01-08, 04:06 PM
A near miss? How much damage is there? :p

Near miss... so you nearly missed... which means you hit something... :D:D

Maxxed_Ross
21-01-08, 04:23 PM
I hit the kerb... does that count?

Boot Hill Bandit
21-01-08, 04:30 PM
Good point.......

we should have a near miss competition this year I think. I will have to get the 4Kam and get it all fitted up just in case.

See......now a near miss could be something silly like using speed humps as launch pads and getting some air that you would normally reserve for a quick blast on Gran Tourismo....

Glad you got away with it though......not nice getting your motor damaged by other loonie road users.

Jim

Maxxed_Ross
21-01-08, 04:31 PM
well this is the 2nd incident involving several people being silly around me. Not nice at all

afcbadam
21-01-08, 04:33 PM
nice one. was out in bournemouth on staurday and saw a skyline and a audi tt racing next thing i say was a cloud of smoke and a skyline doing a 360 and plowing the front in to somebodys front garden wall. leaving behind his front bumper behind. at the time this must have seemed a pretty good idea i bet hes now wishing he had picked it up as his number plate is bolted to it.(TW4T)

Boot Hill Bandit
21-01-08, 04:33 PM
Not good mate :sad: hope you don't come across anymore numpties

Jim

ZS B19LYB
21-01-08, 04:35 PM
that sounds well closer than mine.there are some nutty drivers out there i dont know how they pass their test must b someone just giving licenses away

R8NMG
21-01-08, 05:41 PM
The guy got out to check I was ok then went to talk to the stupid WOMAN who flashed him out.

I think they are both stupid. If I was flashed to come out and I see another car coming I would ignore the flash and stay until absolutely clear. Too many careless driving these days and lack of observation.

Boot Hill Bandit
21-01-08, 05:43 PM
If you was sensible like me........you would have pressed that huge red button on the dash labelled 'TURBO BOOST' and jumped both cars :joker:

Jim

afcbadam
21-01-08, 07:45 PM
are they not standard on the zs then lol!!!

Southern Storm
21-01-08, 08:02 PM
People like this need to take the fcuking bus.

Maxxed_Ross
21-01-08, 09:16 PM
If you was sensible like me........you would have pressed that huge red button on the dash labelled 'TURBO BOOST' and jumped both cars :joker:

Jim

no then I would have had a Jeep wedged to the front bumper... not very aerodynamic you know :sleep:

Boot Hill Bandit
21-01-08, 09:43 PM
was only kidding.........sorry :)

Jim