PDA

View Full Version : Under car treatment

drroberts490
01-03-14, 01:46 PM
I was pondering with the idea of getting the ZS a full under car Waxoyl type treatment, I know the 'Project Drive' cut costs in this area and as I am hoping to keep the car well into her classic years it may be worth it.

Has anyone had this done? I would be interested in what people paid and any recommended places down here in the South, or maybe even if anyone has done this job themselves.

I have done a Forum search and there doesn't seem to be a lot on the subject.

peterzs
01-03-14, 02:04 PM
Had my one undersealed when I had my Powerflow exhaust done. Dont know how good it was.

But reading, this is the stuff that is recommended now a days.

http://www.amazon.com/POR-15-Super-Starter-Kit-Black/product-reviews/B000GGVMIW

http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php/87326-POR15-Rust-Preventative-Paint-Any-Good

petet16
01-03-14, 02:19 PM
I did the front jacking points with POR15 last year, so not really long enough to decide if it's as good as it's claimed to be.

I did all the cavities with Bilt Hamber Dynax wax, and the exposed parts of the underside with Dinitrol metallic wax.

If you had access to a lift it would make the job a lot easier, I used axle stands which makes it a bit laborious, it is certainly a job you can do diy, I've done mine in stages when doing other jobs.

drroberts490
01-03-14, 03:36 PM
I may have a go at this when the weather improves, wonder if the REME would let me use their workshop and lift over a weekend! Would certainly make the job a lot easier.

red robbo
01-03-14, 03:41 PM
I used 3M Shutz on my car. More than happy.

Steves Cleenz
03-03-14, 08:38 AM
I offer this as a service, currently half way through doing my MK2 after seeing how bad it was on the ramp!

Dan1971
03-03-14, 03:39 PM
I offer this as a service, currently half way through doing my MK2 after seeing how bad it was on the ramp!

Really .... underseal, retrim the roof lining, bit of a spruce up while I'm on hols in Easter ..... Hmmm .... :whistle:

drroberts490
03-03-14, 10:02 PM

Could well be interested when she's back on the road, she will only be a Spring/Summer car so hopefully won't need doing every year.