PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help :(

chris01
11-03-14, 10:10 AM
Hi all...i noticed lately that my revs werent dropping off properly so i have taken off the iacv and given it a good clean with carb cleaner along with the throttle body..iv just refitted and now the car is 100 times worse (undriveable) it idles fine (maybe a little high) but touch the go pedal (slightly) and the revs just stick, touch the accelerator again and it sits even higher..the only way to stop is to switch the engine off :( help please

peterzs
11-03-14, 10:19 AM
throttle cable OK, got a bit of slack.

Dont know about the iavc, but is there a gasket that you havnt replaced, dont know if they seal back. Dont have to turn on the ignition to set anything before replacing??

Bit vague but hope someone comes along with some ideas.

Captain Peanut
11-03-14, 11:25 AM
Mine wen through a stage of doing this when is been sat in traffic for a while. I could get the revs to drop back down by pulling the accelerator pedal up with my foot so assumed it was something expanding when hit and causing the throttle cable to stick. You could try lubricating the throttle cable and making sure all moving parts on the inlet are free and moving ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stamford
11-03-14, 11:32 AM
There is a 'how to' on this. Basically ensure the gasket face is clean so no leaks. Then leave the bolts a little loose, turn on the ignition to actuate the valve, it should then locate itself into the countersink, tighten the bolts and try.

chris01
11-03-14, 12:46 PM
Got it sorted...turns out a pipe under the tb had come of its clip with was catching the throttle, preventing it from closing...dont i feel silly lol

stamford
11-03-14, 12:48 PM
At least you found it and fixed it :thumbsup:

peterzs
11-03-14, 01:15 PM
Glad its sorted, always a good feeling when its running right.

:yes::yes::yes: