PDA

View Full Version : race zs for sale

redzed
17-03-14, 06:29 PM
For sale class winning mg zs saloon
Kv6, recent belts, metal thermostat fitted, new water pump, new seals, gaskets 60,000 miles on the clock
Piper 270 cams
Racing 5 puk clutch
Lightened and balance fly wheel
Quaife atb diff and steel caged bearings, recently full overhaul and service, gear box sandblasted
New inlet manifold and vis motors fitted less than 300 miles ago
Viper induction kit
Full FIA approved cage fitted
Fire extinguisher fitted and in date as per regulations with outside and inside operations and multiple dispersing points
Engine cut off as per regs with outside operation
Welded seat mounts and strengtheners
Recently fitted new front windscreen
Battery mounted at rear battery only 2 months old
Bonnet latches fitted
Sheddist style clutch
Front and rear tow eyes fitted
Push button start fitted with racing style switches
Aches have been rolled and stripped away allowing fitment of wider wheels
Brake pipes routed inside and a brake bias valve fitted
Front bumper modified to vent air to brakes
Front splitter
2 front doors supplied one with electric window and one with perspex window for racing
Mk2 kit fitted (except rear bumper) sprayed in ignition blue
Rear Upper and Lower Braces
Avo Coilovers with 2 sets of springs (stiffest currently fitted)
Goodridge braided brake hoses, recent new fluid change
Front fully adjustable upper arms
Rear Adjustable Upper Arms
Front ARB Poly Bushes and Droplinks
Rear ARB Poly Bushes and Double Droplinks
Janspeed exhaust
Poly Gearlinkage Bushes
Air Con Removed And OE Fans replaced with single 12" David Craig fan
Short Shift gear change kit fitted
Redtop Lightweight Battery in box behind Passenger Seat, also comes with a normal zs battery
Cobra Suzuka GT composite drivers Seat
Passenger Foot Rest
Flocked Dash with Blue inserts
Mourtney Steering Wheel
Evo Gearknob
Sabelt 3 Point Harnesses (with OMP Cutter)
Interior Stripped
Extreme rear spoiler
Plastic Perspex windows with driver's window slider and vents
Mini heater/demister
Aluminum Sunroof Bung
Full set of slicks with spares

There’s probably more as I’ll go through the invoices I have for it. i'll take some more pics over the week of the important bits and add when i can. All work was carried out professionally by vulcan racing and Ratech racing

Contact me for more details 07414522764, reason for sale is im emigrating to Australia soon

price £3800

redzed
17-03-14, 06:41 PM
i'll take a video of it running so you can hear its roar as well ;)

markyp
17-03-14, 07:07 PM
Nice looking zs ....if you dont mind me asking what is that splitter off , looks great on mk2 bumper :-)

Smokey
17-03-14, 07:09 PM
Ibiza splitter I think? Nice car though!

Drew
17-03-14, 07:27 PM
is it a mk1 or 2 atm?

Drew

redzed
17-03-14, 07:28 PM
Ibiza splitter I think? Nice car though!

Nope custom made for me by ratech racing ;-)

redzed
17-03-14, 07:29 PM
is it a mk1 or 2 atm?

Drew

It was a mk1 now it's a mk2

Mark S
17-03-14, 09:09 PM
looks a nice car and ready to go racing.

Someone could have this and race the full season in the MGCC, even enough time for an ARDS test too.

I think there's half a dozen ZS's racing this season, all it needs is someone to put their money where there mouth is...

(less rear drag with a mk1 rear bumper, nice touch)

peterzs
18-03-14, 08:48 AM
Looks a well specd car, for not much money.

Good luck with the sale.

Make a great, Southern Track Car!!

:-D:-D:-D

andys1981
18-03-14, 09:17 AM
looks awesome,like the mk1 grille on the mk2 front end

stamford
18-03-14, 10:01 AM
You kept that quiet about emigrating! Good on you mate! No doubt someone will snap that up, I hope.

Dan1971
18-03-14, 10:46 AM
You kept that quiet about emigrating! Good on you mate! No doubt someone will snap that up, I hope.

Good for you .... Good luck with the sale.

Off topic just a tad, but, does that mean you're gonna be selling the other one and your new diesel too ?

redzed
18-03-14, 11:10 AM
Good for you .... Good luck with the sale.

Off topic just a tad, but, does that mean you're gonna be selling the other one and your new diesel too ?

Diesel will be for sale but that will go last, got a streetwise diesel which will be up once its washed and possibly the red one, quite attached to that so might keep it in storage. Been thinking about oz for ages and only just found out if I don't go before I'm 31 I can't get a visa so have been granted one now and will leave in a few months once I've sorted everything out

Skillen
18-03-14, 04:29 PM
Sorry about that

talkingcars
18-03-14, 05:11 PM
Looks a well specd car, for not much money.

Good luck with the sale.

Make a great, Southern Track Car!!

:-D:-D:-D

Pete's buying us a car.......

peterzs
18-03-14, 05:32 PM
Now, if I had won that Euro Lotto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wizard::wizard::wizard:

redzed
18-03-14, 05:50 PM
Sorry about that

about what?

Skillen
18-03-14, 07:49 PM
about what?

My brother decided it would be funny to put a quote from Bruce almighty on the forum and chose this thread to do it :/

So I apologised for that but guess no one saw it haha!

Supercharged_Z
19-03-14, 07:19 AM
How soon does it need moving?

redzed
19-03-14, 08:31 AM
How soon does it need moving?

Got a few months, but the sooner the better really

top_man_eldo
29-03-14, 06:19 AM
Christ you must have spent a few quid on that. What is that engine pumping out?

M17TT180
29-03-14, 11:03 AM
Is it road legal? Thinking about having it as my daily lol, think the missus would kill me tho!

Dan1971
29-03-14, 11:22 AM
Is it road legal? Thinking about having it as my daily lol, think the missus would kill me tho!

Yeah - you need to just get hold of a nice Zs to tide you over until you see something you really want.

MG ZS STE
29-03-14, 11:27 AM
My brother decided it would be funny to put a quote from Bruce almighty on the forum and chose this thread to do it :/

So I apologised for that but guess no one saw it haha!

Now I'm curious, what was it?

talkingcars
29-03-14, 04:30 PM

Being a single seater she wouldn't be able to.........

TBH looking at the spec the only obvious problem with MOTs would be Perspex windows.

Skillen
29-03-14, 04:43 PM
Now I'm curious, what was it?

I do the cha-cha like a sissy girl.

I "lika"... do... da cha-cha.

redzed
30-03-14, 08:13 AM
I did try and get an mot on it so it could run on the road and it doesn't stand a chance. Firstly the cams are timed in such a way that it won't pass it's emmisions on idle, it's ok at 3k just not idle. Secondly because of its ulta lightweight flywheel it stalls very easily added to this is a race clutch which doesn't slip at all so unless you are giving everything straight away you just stall, great around a track tho as its like a bullet. The only was it would be good on the road is if you put a normal clutch and flywheel back on and put a cat and pre car back on and fitted the different springs as what's on there is hard for the road. That being said on the way back from the mot centre the drive home was great!!

top_man_eldo
01-04-14, 10:34 PM
I did try and get an mot on it so it could run on the road and it doesn't stand a chance. Firstly the cams are timed in such a way that it won't pass it's emmisions on idle, it's ok at 3k just not idle. Secondly because of its ulta lightweight flywheel it stalls very easily added to this is a race clutch which doesn't slip at all so unless you are giving everything straight away you just stall, great around a track tho as its like a bullet. The only was it would be good on the road is if you put a normal clutch and flywheel back on and put a cat and pre car back on and fitted the different springs as what's on there is hard for the road. That being said on the way back from the mot centre the drive home was great!!

Have you had the car dyno'd?

Mark S
02-04-14, 06:48 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about peak figures for racing - assuming that's what you intend to do? its more how fat the power is and how quick it accelerates (such as from 60-90), there are many things a race car needs that an average dyno just does not measure.

top_man_eldo
02-04-14, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about peak figures for racing - assuming that's what you intend to do? its more how fat the power is and how quick it accelerates (such as from 60-90), there are many things a race car needs that an average dyno just does not measure.

Eh? I'm not worried about anything. I was just asking if he'd had it put on a rolling road as I was interested in the engine performance?

Mark S
07-04-14, 07:21 AM
I am surprised this car has not sold yet, especially when you compare it to stuff like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-180-Track-Car-Race-Car-Fully-Rebuilt-/151272148448?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item233885cde0 for sale on ebay!

stamford
07-04-14, 10:03 AM
I am surprised this car has not sold yet, especially when you compare it to stuff like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-180-Track-Car-Race-Car-Fully-Rebuilt-/151272148448?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item233885cde0 for sale on ebay!

Agree with you there Mark, that one is unbelievable. The spec is not far off from mine, even I don't think I could get more than £1k for it! Ian's is spot on and if I had the funds it would have been snapped up.