PDA

View Full Version : Removing the BCU

john180
21-03-14, 09:41 AM
Hi guys,

From my other Central Locking thread it seems i need to remove my BCU and send it for some new relays...

I have found this How To guide http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1940 but I'm not sure if this will get me to the BCU behind the dash?

If not does anyone have any guides or how to documents to help me with the removal?

I am also going to replace my ATC control panel at the same time as i have some faulty buttons on that.

Any help is always gratefully received :) and sorry for my thickness!

Thanks again guys.
John

Jason04r
21-03-14, 09:54 AM
The link will get you to the BCU :)

I did it the other month and its not hard at all....

* Another note you wont be able to start the car after removing the BCU so make sure its in a good place to start with :)

john180
21-03-14, 09:58 AM
The link will get you to the BCU :)

I did it the other month and its not hard at all....

* Another note you wont be able to start the car after removing the BCU so make sure its in a good place to start with :)

Fab! glad its the right guide.

petet16
21-03-14, 10:11 AM
If you don't want to remove the gear knob which can be a pita to get off, just remove the gaiter from the plastic gear lever surround, the surround is clipped in its front corners, and has a couple of tabs on its rear edge, then the gaiter is held in with 2 screws at the rear corners, doing it this way allows you to leave the gaiter and knob in place while you remove the console.