PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer

Jason04r
24-03-14, 11:29 AM
Anyone done anything like this?

http://www.segundamano.es/pontevedra/cajon-subwoofer-a-medida-para-mg-rover/a40228869/?ca=0_s&st=a&c=53

Looks interesting and really doesn't take much room...

stamford
24-03-14, 11:45 AM
Looks like a neat way of retaining some boot space and saving it from getting items laid upon it.

grimmy
24-03-14, 12:30 PM
Looks good that.very neat

Malteser
24-03-14, 12:40 PM
I thought of doing that once I finish my body redo and work on the sound system in the summer. I'm thinking along the lines of battery on one side and Sub and amps on the other. That way the boot space is still usable and there is nothing punching holes into the seats or anything in case they need to be lowered. Does anyone have a template for that but in my case a hatch? :D

ZS
24-03-14, 12:47 PM
If I remember I will post up pictures of the Sub in my boot - Very inconspicuous :innocent:

Jay-ZS+
24-03-14, 01:21 PM
I did an install like that in my first zs had one installed either side. Although I found that the volume of air behind prevented the best performance so ended up with something a little different.

ZRed
24-03-14, 02:06 PM
as Jay said and also make sure you don`t need into your rear suspension!!

Malteser
24-03-14, 04:13 PM

I don't think that is a permanent solution though ZRed. If done right, it should be removable if needed. I know when I come about to do mine and if I do end up doing something like that, I will make it so it is removable.

Also in regards to the air, could you not make a ported enclosure?

Jay-ZS+
24-03-14, 04:15 PM
Also in regards to the air, could you not make a ported enclosure?

Can do it depends on your setup and what your after. Sealed units generally give a better result imho.

talkingcars
24-03-14, 06:01 PM
Looks tidy but that's where I hide my battery and the other side is no better as that is where the autochanger is.

As already said it is a compromise, the volume of the box isn't optimum and it isn't vented.

Malteser
24-03-14, 06:12 PM
Looks tidy but that's where I hide my battery and the other side is no better as that is where the autochanger is.

As already said it is a compromise, the volume of the box isn't optimum and it isn't vented.

Would you mind PMing me a picture of the battery install in the boot? want to make sure I do mine properly and don't want to muddle up this thread. Any hints on where to mount and things like that would be greatly helpful!

Dan1971
24-03-14, 06:48 PM
This is the one I got when I bought my Mk2 diesel. Not sure how it was done, like I said, it was in there when I got it.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/boot002.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/boot001.jpg

Jay-ZS+
24-03-14, 06:50 PM
I did a couple of build threads when I did mine, slightly different design but the same build process if you were after a few tips, fairly straight forward.

grimmy
24-03-14, 07:30 PM

Shut it.BTW is my suspension fixed yet.:chair: