PDA

View Full Version : Price for mk2 bodykit

Smokey
24-03-14, 02:30 PM
Random question but what would be the going price for the entire kit including wings for someone who would want to convert a lower spec or mk1 model?

Probably be good if someone who is looking for same answered with what they would be willing to pay too.

No silly answers please lol!

MG ZS STE
24-03-14, 02:57 PM
I think I got around £300 for everything but that was selling it in bits and included the bumpers and wings. Plus some parts were damaged so they went cheap. Nothing a little isopon or plastic weld wouldnt cure.

Having seen more than a few £750 MK2 180s lately id wonder if it was worth the hassle.

Smokey
24-03-14, 03:13 PM
So keeping all the good bits and selling the rest would make more money?

MG ZS STE
24-03-14, 03:23 PM
I didn't keep any bits.

Smokey
24-03-14, 03:24 PM
No, I meant as an option. If I, for example, wanted to strip off and keep various 'good' bits then sell the remaining car, would it be worth stripping and selling the parts (inc bodykit) or selling it a s a one?!

MG ZS STE
24-03-14, 03:32 PM
Ahh, they're always worth more in bits. Depends what degree you want to strip it. I only stripped mine as it was an insurance right off and would have cost me £1000 up if I wanted to put it back on the road for it to be worth less than the repair cost. Buts its kept dozens of ZSs on the road in the process. Id never strip a road worthy zs if it could be saved.

Smokey
24-03-14, 03:43 PM
Just getting tired of it's issues and with MOT coming up and tax etc, seems it might be worth keeping the good bits and getting another one!

Maxfly
24-03-14, 09:52 PM
A fair point, what issues does it still have or is it more fix one and two more appear? :)

Smokey
24-03-14, 10:01 PM
Pretty much that. Currently leaking fuel, horn not working, back box needs replaced, engine rattles and still no closer to knowing why, thermostat housing leaks, boot leaks, front bumper needs replaced, rear handles are loose, passenger seat slides back on accelerating when someone sits in it (severing any rear passengers legs!)

Some little niggles some big ones. Time to move on I think and get another one with less miles. Then pray the issues don't arise at the same time!

ZRed
25-03-14, 11:51 AM
sounds like a good excuse to make it faster...........

Smokey
25-03-14, 12:22 PM
Faster wouldn't make it leak less sadly! Not a good time to be spending money with Florida in December :(

ZRed
25-03-14, 03:31 PM
You`re a Policeman, it`s never a good time for you to spend money. Tighter than two coats of paint!!! :)

Smokey
25-03-14, 03:33 PM
Two coats! That a bit excessive! Could get the job done in one if you spread it thinly!