PDA

View Full Version : Rover 25 diesel gearbox

ZS
06-04-14, 05:13 PM
Im after a rover 25 diesel gearbox, in working order and dont want to spend stupid amounts on it :)

talkingcars
06-04-14, 05:36 PM
I've got a PG1 that came off our Maestro diesel, I was saving it for if ever I built a hybrid box for my T16 but if the money is right - pmail me an offer.

(that is assuming I can still find it :blush: )

ZS
06-04-14, 06:35 PM
I've got a PG1 that came off our Maestro diesel, I was saving it for if ever I built a hybrid box for my T16 but if the money is right - pmail me an offer.

(that is assuming I can still find it :blush: )

Will the be the same ratios and fitment for a 25 L series?

talkingcars
06-04-14, 07:00 PM
I resonable certain that it should be, I'll have a look on Rovertech.

talkingcars
06-04-14, 07:54 PM
I've spent the last 50 minutes looking for the info but am yet to find the ratios for the maestro box, I'll get my lad to dig the box out and see if it's still got the code on it.

Which size engine is in the 25?

ZS
07-04-14, 07:42 AM
I've spent the last 50 minutes looking for the info but am yet to find the ratios for the maestro box, I'll get my lad to dig the box out and see if it's still got the code on it.

Which size engine is in the 25?

its the 2.0T L Series Diesel in the 25 (Same as the ZR/ZS and 25/45)

ZS Phil
07-04-14, 08:49 AM
Hey, I also have a suitable gearbox taken from my diesel ZS.
As it happens I only took it out to fit my LSD steel caged box which was originally from a 25, as such the surplus one I have comes with 25 mounts and release arm so will fit straight in.
Perfect condition.

ZS
07-04-14, 08:51 AM
Hey, I also have a suitable gearbox taken from my diesel ZS.
As it happens I only took it out to fit my LSD steel caged box which was originally from a 25, as such the surplus one I have comes with 25 mounts and release arm so will fit straight in.
Perfect condition.

How much do you want for it? and where are you based? (Or would delivery be an option?)

ZS
07-04-14, 08:53 AM
How much do you want for it? and where are you based? (Or would delivery be an option?)

Actually... on checking "Lytham St Annes" is about 5 hours drive away from me! So delivery would be the only option.

ZS Phil
07-04-14, 09:00 AM
Just had a quick look on ebay and they range in price massively. I was thinking the box must be worth £70 since like I say it is perfect working order and this was the cheapest I could find on ebay.
I'm based near Blackpool so collection isn't really a viable option I guess however after a quick search I could organise delivery for £31.50 with Paisley freight.
So, how does £100 delivered sound?

ZS
07-04-14, 09:07 AM
Just had a quick look on ebay and they range in price massively. I was thinking the box must be worth £70 since like I say it is perfect working order and this was the cheapest I could find on ebay.
I'm based near Blackpool so collection isn't really a viable option I guess however after a quick search I could organise delivery for £31.50 with Paisley freight.
So, how does £100 delivered sound?

I've been watching ebay and there are a few on there for around £30 (plus £30 delivery for most) BUT (and this is a big sticking point) I have no idea on the condition of these boxes inside...

£100 delivered sounds pretty reasonable to me, if you PM me your details etc I will confirm everything and go from there.

Thanks!

ZS Phil
07-04-14, 09:16 AM
PM sent :)

petet16
07-04-14, 01:45 PM
The PG1 weighs 38 Kg, I've sent them in a suitably sized plastic crate in the past.

talkingcars
08-04-14, 04:49 AM
its the 2.0T L Series Diesel in the 25 (Same as the ZR/ZS and 25/45)

The maestro was a 2.0T L series as well.

I was thinking of about £50 but as you seem to be sorted I'll keep quite.

ZRed
08-04-14, 06:57 AM
£75 posted incase you didn't get my pm.

Hopefully you are sorted though.