PDA

View Full Version : psi numbers

jonesy
11-04-14, 12:02 PM
just fitted my boost gauge and its hitting 15 psi max,is this normal for a standard mg zs,:unsure:

petet16
11-04-14, 12:05 PM
Not sure tbh, you need a diesel guru to confirm if it's good or not.

p_b82
11-04-14, 01:50 PM
yes a bit low, but nothing out of the ordinary.

SDI's were set at max of 14PSI and the later 45/ZS Lseries were a max of 16/17.

as long as it is boosting nice and early and holding at 15 you could increase it to 19 as the max top end safe value.

jonesy
11-04-14, 02:09 PM
Is it worth doing do you get much of a difference in performance iam surprised the previous owners hadn't done it as I bought it with sdi fitted de cat pipe,air filter,and theve done the 180 brake conversion.iam also looking for a back box that's not to loud anyone now of any quiet sport back boxes

Dave
11-04-14, 05:51 PM
Is it worth doing do you get much of a difference in performance iam surprised the previous owners hadn't done it as I bought it with sdi fitted de cat pipe,air filter,and theve done the 180 brake conversion.iam also looking for a back box that's not to loud anyone now of any quiet sport back boxes
Upping the boost will also help with smoke levels, as well as adding a bit of performance.

Ultimately, you really ought to think about a re-map, to finish it off performance wise.

I see you are in Suffolk, if you are on facebook, click the link for a East Anglian MGR group.

Are you going to POL, if so, see the post regarding the convoy, on the facebook page.

Should you like to have a re-map, i have a special offer on re-maps currently, if you come over to me in sunny Peterborough :)

Cheers
Dave

p_b82
11-04-14, 10:22 PM
it will make the car feel more perky for sure, esp if it has SDI's.

Also as Dave says the main thing will be less smoke as more of the fuel is being burnt - so a double whammy.

remap would bring you up to around 150 ponies, but at the cost of more soot again. but normallly slightly improved economy

jonesy
12-04-14, 07:30 AM
dave, how much you charging for a re-map or would fitting a digimafam get the same result,thxs martin.

p_b82
14-04-14, 08:54 AM
no a digimafam is not a tuning box.

it will restore the signal generated by the maf to factory or above settings. this means you get the 'best' fuel delivered for the given scenario.

however if you go mafless on your remap you dont need to worry about a digimafam....