PDA

View Full Version : valuing my 180

maxtherotti
15-04-14, 05:44 AM
Hi all
Due to a recent change in circumstances it looks like I'm going to have to let my Zs go
Now I know they don't fetch mega money but I'm stuck on how to value it
It is a low build number (877 is ringing a bell but will check)
180 saloon in tb
Nearly fsh
103k miles
Cambelts and pump done in Feb with genuine parts by a ex mgr tech (me then)
Clutch and front pads in March and serviced at same time
Last year I stripped all the arches out and repainted
X power centre exhaust with blue flame duplex rear section
No faults except the front fogs have water in them but have another good pair to fit
4 New Tyres last year done approximately 3k
Body has a few door dents and front end has stone chips but no rust

So what should I put her up for???
Need to raise as much as poss towards a 2 wheel weapon

Cheers Rob

Jay-ZS+
15-04-14, 06:46 AM
Depends how quickly you want it gone. As wrong as it is, due to the mileage probably lucky to get around the £800 mark for it.

stamford
15-04-14, 07:01 AM
As above, mk1 prices are low, criminal but there it is, after all they are getting on in years.

Maxfly
15-04-14, 09:46 AM
Seen the pics you put up on FB, looks excellent with excellent work on the arches. Valuation wise I always struggle, but good luck with sale:)

peterzs
15-04-14, 09:56 AM
I always go high, someone will appreciate the way the car has been looked after and serviced.

Can get low priced ones, belts not done etc.

All down to the advert, write it up well and anyone in the know, will be prepared to pay top money, in the knowledge the car will last and it wont need a few hundred pounds to keep it running.

You always have the option to take a lower offer, or bring the price down a bit, if you dont get any nibbles.

Sad to see it go. Always reckon its best to keep them, for the little they go for. But needs must. Good luck with the sale.

:wave::wave::wave:

Dan1971
15-04-14, 10:00 AM
I always go high, someone will appreciate the way the car has been looked after and serviced.

Can get low priced ones, belts not done etc.

All down to the advert, write it up well and anyone in the know, will be prepared to pay top money, in the knowledge the car will last and it wont need a few hundred pounds to keep it running.

You always have the option to take a lower offer, or bring the price down a bit, if you dont get any nibbles.

Sad to see it go. Always reckon its best to keep them, for the little they go for. But needs must. Good luck with the sale.

:wave::wave::wave:

Agreed - there are some right dogs out there and some people will go for the Mk1s which are supposedly better put together ....

Aim high - unless you´re desperate. People out there will pay good money for good cars.

talkingcars
15-04-14, 06:07 PM
or let the market decide by putting it on ebay.

Pictures help.

Are you buying specific bike or what ever you can, with what you've got?
Might be worth advertising it as a part exchange against a bike.

Captain Peanut
15-04-14, 06:49 PM
They don't seem to be commanding much on eBay at the moment, mines not concourse but in decent nick and have struggled to get bids over £300 for it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterzs
16-04-14, 09:53 AM
Ouch!!!