PDA

View Full Version : mat@dmgrs Anyone know this company who fixes heater resistors?

redzed
15-04-14, 07:33 AM
Any know any details of matthew price, the guy who fixes mk2 heater resistors? i sent a resistor to get fixed by him months ago and paid him and heard nothing since and am going to have to go down the legal route. Any details greatly appreciated on his where abouts and company details. I pretty sure i got his email off this forum which was where i made the link. Thanks in advance

M17TT180
15-04-14, 07:44 AM
Any know any details of matthew price, the guy who fixes mk2 heater resistors? i sent a resistor to get fixed by him months ago and paid him and heard nothing since and am going to have to go down the legal route. Any details greatly appreciated on his where abouts and company details. I pretty sure i got his email off this forum which was where i made the link. Thanks in advance

Didn't he post a few days ago he was back?

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=27660

Company Details
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=335621#post335621

sneekyparrot
15-04-14, 08:09 AM
Strange, I ordered new bearings and seals off him
Other day and all arrived very quickly??

red robbo
15-04-14, 08:22 AM
Have you tried:
mathew.price@timetalk.co.uk
This is how i eventually got hold of him.

p_b82
15-04-14, 08:39 AM
I know some people on other forums have had issues getting hold of him due to personal circumstances at the time, but the vast majority have had good service.

Hope you get it sorted out quickly now though.

peterzs
15-04-14, 09:25 AM
let us know how you get on.

redzed
15-04-14, 12:57 PM
Have you tried:
mathew.price@timetalk.co.uk
This is how i eventually got hold if him.

Yeah that's the email I've got, annoying thing is I've paid him for a set if resistors and sent in one which wasn't fully broken and paid him to fix it and heard nothing back for ages. It was only so I had a spare as mine are working should have left it an not sorted out a backup

sneekyparrot
15-04-14, 02:37 PM
Does get bloody annoying thou, been trying to get hold of a guy who I just paid for some new injectors. Been 1 week and no sign of injectors and he's cocking a def un [emoji35]

Alan.F
15-04-14, 03:54 PM
I think this is the guy you want

http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/

welshone
15-04-14, 04:53 PM
Facebook him the page is active.

<<<LINK>>> (https://www.facebook.com/discountmgroverspares)

talkingcars
15-04-14, 06:09 PM
he is over active on .org

redzed
21-04-14, 04:54 PM
Still not heard a thing....

petet16
21-04-14, 05:24 PM
It would seem you're not alone, there have been a few similar threads on .org.

dmc123
21-04-14, 05:32 PM
When i ordered stuff, no conformation, just got it 2 weeks later, he's on the right track, just needs to try harder

petet16
21-04-14, 05:34 PM
When i ordered stuff, no conformation, just got it 2 weeks later, he's on the right track, just needs to try harder

Agreed, I've had stuff in the past with no problems, but there do seem to be some issues at the moment.

red robbo
21-04-14, 07:09 PM
Had a similar problem too. Also i started a thread on .org asking for help to track him down.
I received the parts eventually, and can confirm the parts were good quality (those that i received), but customer service was rank.
A courtesy email would of sufficed, but getting a reply to my emails that i sent to his business/personal and PayPal addresses proved fruitless for a while, and .org PM's went unanswered.
But for me, eventually, it came good.

petet16
21-04-14, 07:22 PM
It's good that your stuff turned up, and was good quality, but it doesn't inspire confidence when messages go unanswered.

mattyprice4004
22-04-14, 11:30 AM
I've been pointed to this thread by someone on the 75 and ZT Owners Club, my apologies for not seeing it sooner.
I'll have an update for you later, I've had issues with the sales and mathew.price emails addresses (both redirect to the same inbox, which seems to 'Junk' a lot of good mail, so you're best using mattyprice4004@hotmail.co.uk - I seem to get everything through on that one.

I've been working behind the scenes to keep every item I stock on the shelf - it's taken me 3 solid weeks, but I'm getting there now. Hopefully the days of orders taking more than 3 days from order to being on your doorstep are over, hence my absence from this and other forums recently. :)
We've recently moved to a new premises in order to keep a lot more stock and dispatch same-day - if your item is in stock, it'll now be sent out the same day if ordered before 4PM.

I could build a box fort with all these cambelt kits I now have around me - however that can wait until redzed has his blowers back.
Will be back in touch soon with an update, my apologies again.

Mat

Bobdope2002
22-04-14, 03:34 PM
top reply

redzed
23-04-14, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the reply, look forward to hearing from you,

mattyprice4004
24-04-14, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the reply, look forward to hearing from you,

Aha, I now have the answer as to what's been going on - my apologies it's taken so long, but we're getting there.
Unfortunately the item was lost for a while as it wasn't sent with a reference or details - when I managed to identify yours I found the 4x small metal clips holding the transistors to the heatsink were missing.

I've been waiting for another completely dead pack to arrive in the hope I'll be told to keep it by the owner if it's not repairable - I can then use the 4x clips from that pack on yours. I think that's why it failed after you soldered the 2x transistors in - the clips are important as they clamp the transistors to the heatsink for effective heat transfer, and without them they'll overheat very quickly.

If anyone has a knackered transistor pack that they've replaced or is unrepairable, I'd happily pay for postage for the 4x metal clips so I can sort this pack out for you - and of course there would be no charge due to length of time it's been.

My communication could have been much better I admit - I hope my offer above goes some way to mitigating the length of time it's taken. :)

redzed
25-06-14, 04:55 PM
Im still waiting for a bloody refund!!!!!!!!!!!!?

peterzs
25-06-14, 07:22 PM
Not good, how much was the refund??

You chased him on Facebook???

redzed
25-06-14, 09:21 PM
Not good, how much was the refund??

You chased him on Facebook???

Yep, and by company email and private email

peterzs
25-06-14, 09:26 PM
I've sent a PM, see if we get a reply to that.

redzed
26-06-14, 11:24 AM
I've sent a PM, see if we get a reply to that.

Thanks Pete

hansligg
26-06-14, 11:44 AM
doesnt sound good business practice, After reading this I now know who to avoid etc. such a shame aswel

peterzs
26-06-14, 03:29 PM
Just seen this on FB see if that works.

Discount MG Rover Spares
Ordered at 12:59PM, packed (with sweets!) at 13:17PM and now in the post. ‪#‎thisishowwedoit‬

LikeLike · · Share

Peter ZS Wright Hi, could you contact REDZED on theMGZS.co.uk forum. Thanks.
2 mins · Like

Mat Nom Nom Price Ive just messaged him over Facebook - he got in touch a couple of days ago.
2 mins · Like

Peter ZS Wright Cheers. :-0
Just now · Like

:rambo::rambo::rambo:

redzed
30-06-14, 05:53 AM
Cheers pete, got a message from him on Facebook so hopefully sorted now has problems with recieving emails but hopefully all sorted now

peterzs
30-06-14, 08:20 AM
Thanks for letting us know, hope the refund comes through quickly.

:yes::yes::yes: