PDA

View Full Version : Even though the problems have begun...

tallgeese
09-05-14, 07:54 PM
Heres a few shots of my new saloon which i shall call lindesy lohan as she too is a problem child :clap::clap:

daytona365
09-05-14, 08:11 PM
Nice looking car...

Maxfly
09-05-14, 08:39 PM
I do like the colour, really shines up great:)

Deckz
09-05-14, 08:50 PM
Very clean!

andys1981
09-05-14, 09:04 PM
real nice! is that royal blue colour,also is that blue coolant in it,it really should be orange,as far as im aware bud,not a dig,as i know you have teething probs with her!

tallgeese
09-05-14, 09:29 PM
Oh god I never looked at the coolant what does blue mean?

Lukeus101
09-05-14, 09:33 PM
You pick this up from a guy in Wakefield?

peterzs
09-05-14, 11:07 PM
Blue is a different antifreeze mix.

Its OAT thats in the MG's http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_21 9452_langId_-1_categoryId_255224

It had a headgasket done recently??

tallgeese
09-05-14, 11:22 PM
You pick this up from a guy in Wakefield?

Yeah was a dealer from there who seemed ok but given all the problems clearly wasn't.

And it has no history so not a clue if the head has been done :(

Lukeus101
10-05-14, 07:10 AM
what dealer was it bud?

tallgeese
10-05-14, 08:49 AM
He's a small one on ebay user name gingergodders25 guys name is paul

tallgeese
10-05-14, 10:36 AM
whilst on my boot leak mission i did take a look at the radiator fluid and it looks like just plain old water no sign of oil or antifreeze for that matter and does not smell of fuel either.

I think i should have put the pix on the other post i started lol i got two going on the repairs :P

top_man_eldo
10-05-14, 01:29 PM
Nice looking car, like the colour.

Is there an exhaust fitted? Looking at picture three it looks like it's missing the rear section!

tallgeese
10-05-14, 01:40 PM
Nice looking car, like the colour.

Is there an exhaust fitted? Looking at picture three it looks like it's missing the rear section!

has got an exhaust but its around 4 inches too short:spank:

Dan1971
10-05-14, 03:44 PM
The exhaust on my Mk2 was short of the bumper too. The result of people fitting Mk1 exhaust parts to Mk2 cars. Mine was fitted with a piper stainless cat back so I wanted to keep the parts - £50 for an extension and machine polish at an exhaust place got it sorted.

Get yourself a nice stainless back box on there (if it isn't already) at a custom exhaust fitter. It'll improve the exhaust note and look good too.

talkingcars
10-05-14, 04:15 PM
He's a small one on ebay user name gingergodders25 guys name is paul

This one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-MG-ZS-1-8-METALLIC-BLUE-55-748-MILES-TAX-MOT-/321396827469?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ad4be654d&nma=true&si=DpyBFy1PbY9a9AMFC27TWkNEvmI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If he told you to do one I'd consider reporting him to ebay, the ad says THE CAR IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION

talkingcars
10-05-14, 04:17 PM
Actually I think I'd first list all the issues you have found and contact the seller advising him the car isn't as advertised.

tallgeese
10-05-14, 05:12 PM
This one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-MG-ZS-1-8-METALLIC-BLUE-55-748-MILES-TAX-MOT-/321396827469?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ad4be654d&nma=true&si=DpyBFy1PbY9a9AMFC27TWkNEvmI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If he told you to do one I'd consider reporting him to ebay, the ad says

yes that the swine :shoot:

Have given him the 10 point list of issues his response was ;

Just to be clear I never once said the car was mechanically sound, I said, and have emails of proof that to my knowledge it was fine, as I am not a mechanic I cannot predict what is going to break down on my own car let alone anyone else's. Just to be clear I never once said the car was mechanically sound, I said, and have emails of proof that to my knowledge it was fine, as I am not a mechanic I cannot predict what is going to break down on my own car let alone anyone else's. Also as I stated yesterday it was fine driving 70 miles to deliver it to you which no other seller would have done, as also stated the car said SOLD AS SEEN also NO WARRANTY, therefore should you be unhappy then sell the vehicle on, as I have covered myself as stated in my advert and been as honest as I can ( I am not a mechanic) and proved the car was ok after the long 70 mile drive and you were happy at the time of purchase all I can do is apologise as I did yesterday. I will not not be giving you a full refund. As stated the car was SOLD AS SEEN, NO WARRANTY.Also as I stated yesterday it was fine driving 70 miles to deliver it to you which no other seller would have done, as also stated the car said SOLD AS SEEN also NO WARRANTY, therefore should you be unhappy then sell the vehicle on, as I have covered myself as stated in my advert and been as honest as I can ( I am not a mechanic) and proved the car was ok after the long 70 mile drive and you were happy at the time of purchase all I can do is apologise as I did yesterday. I will not not be giving you a full refund. As stated the car was SOLD AS SEEN, NO WARRANTY.

Should add he asked me to meet him at Manchester airport as he was picking his daughter up there and "want to save me some miles" which at the time sounded nice of him more fool me :(

talkingcars
10-05-14, 05:55 PM
Should add he asked me to meet him at Manchester airport as he was picking his daughter up there and "want to save me some miles" which at the time sounded nice of him more fool me :(

Opps, not a good idea unless one knows the seller, always best to collect from the seller but whats done is done so no point worrying about this now.

Assuming you like the car I'd be asking for a refund to reflect the mechanical issues, i.e. the garage doing the scan and cover some of the cost of the service that it needs due not having proper coolant and who knows what else.

Also it does clearly state in the advert that the car is in good condition but it clearly isn't if the filler pipe is rusting (if it was really his car he would know as he's put fuel in) and the door handles being a different shade.

Most of the other issues are less important and not so obvious, even to the average owner.

I would try and get some cash back, repair the car and ENJOY.

tallgeese
10-05-14, 07:37 PM
Opps, not a good idea unless one knows the seller, always best to collect from the seller but whats done is done so no point worrying about this now.

Assuming you like the car I'd be asking for a refund to reflect the mechanical issues, i.e. the garage doing the scan and cover some of the cost of the service that it needs due not having proper coolant and who knows what else.

Also it does clearly state in the advert that the car is in good condition but it clearly isn't if the filler pipe is rusting (if it was really his car he would know as he's put fuel in) and the door handles being a different shade.

Most of the other issues are less important and not so obvious, even to the average owner.

I would try and get some cash back, repair the car and ENJOY.

I can only try but I get the impression he wont do sod all :(
Ah well it was not too pricey with the new mot so not all bad:weirdo:

talkingcars
10-05-14, 07:52 PM
I would give him the oppertunity and if he doesn't offer a partial refund report it to ebay.

Is the fuel filler pipe complete or holed, if it's the latter it shouldn't pass an MOT.

tallgeese
10-05-14, 07:54 PM
Its still intact its just covered in rust there is also a small hole close to it that looks like something used to be there but now its just a peep hole to the ground :/

petet16
10-05-14, 07:55 PM
Its still intact its just covered in rust there is also a small hole close to it that looks like something used to be there but now its just a peep hole to the ground :/

I think that's meant to be a water drain hole.

talkingcars
10-05-14, 08:31 PM
I think that's meant to be a water drain hole.

Fuel........in case you over fill.

tallgeese
10-05-14, 08:34 PM
Ah thank god for that :D one less hole to plug lol