PDA

View Full Version : Soggy Sounder

peterzs
11-05-14, 02:42 PM
Got fed up with the siren going off as I was driving along, or when the alarm was set.

Get some odd looks, other day, went into a car park, got out the car and set the alarm and off it went. Put the parking ticket on the dash and it was still going.

Guy getting in to the next car gave me a funny look, as I walked away.

Got a garage to sort it last time, £300 + for diagnostics and fitting a new sounder.

Bought a new bracket, back then, that has a kink in it to stop water getting in off the bracket. But was one of those, "things to do".

Got it all off, split the sounder and sure enough water in there. Looks like its worse where the internal battery plugs onto the board. Anyway cleaned it up, new bracket fitted and it all sets and doesnt go off, or not yet any way.

Thats if its still working, I suppose, but long as it doesnt go off randomly I'll be happy.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

petet16
11-05-14, 02:58 PM
Nice one, let's hope it's a permanent fix.

peterzs
11-05-14, 03:27 PM
Cheers Pete, least I know whats what now.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

Dan1971
11-05-14, 03:28 PM
Fingers crossed for you then mate ....

peterzs
11-05-14, 03:35 PM
Cheers Dan, my fault for not sorting earlier I suppose.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Dave
11-05-14, 03:45 PM
Got an alarm sounder in my MK1 ZS i'm breaking, any good to you??

Cheers
Dave

peterzs
11-05-14, 03:53 PM
Thanks Dave, my ones a MK2 I think they changed from the MK1 ones!!

Dave
11-05-14, 04:15 PM
Thanks Dave, my ones a MK2 I think they changed from the MK1 ones!!
No idea to be honest, but if you need it, you know where to come :)

Cheers
Dave

andys1981
11-05-14, 05:31 PM
as my zs was bare when i bought it, had no bonnet switch or sounder,inside was disconnected,got a sounder off kev g today,had bought a bonnet switch,connected it all up today,seems ok,ive put a sandwich polly bag over the the sounder so no water gets in,see how that works.

R8NMG
11-05-14, 07:56 PM
Mine was randomly going off, dried it for a week and it still went off so ended up buying a new one. On the new one I drilled some holes on the bottom for drainage and also put some extra sealant around the seal to prevent any water getting into it in the first place.

peterzs
11-05-14, 08:32 PM
Cheers Dave, I'll see how it goes, you might get a call!!!

I've sealed my one with that Blue gasket stuff, see if that works, plus my new kinky bracket!!!

See how it goes.

:whistle::whistle::whistle: