PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Door

KirkJames
12-05-14, 01:08 PM
I have got a spare door that I want to put on my car. Can I just replace this with no faffing about? If I connect the electrics etc will it affect central locking?

Is there a guide anywhere as well?

M17TT180
12-05-14, 05:15 PM
I have got a spare door that I want to put on my car. Can I just replace this with no faffing about? If I connect the electrics etc will it affect central locking?

Is there a guide anywhere as well?

Tis easy mate, well as long as the spare door has the hinges in place.

If it does then unplug the door loom where it enters the door, pop the pin out of the silver bit, undo either the bolts on the car or bolts on the door and reverse to fit. Won't affect the central locking at all.

You need two people tho one to hold the door and one to do the rest.

You shouldn't have to do any aligning either, on mine just unbolted old one and bolted on new one and jobs a gooden.

IIRC the door pin hammers up from underneath.

talkingcars
12-05-14, 05:29 PM
Which door - the drivers door has different electrics between mk1 and mk2 which would need swapping, other than that you can do a straight swap.

KirkJames
13-05-14, 08:43 AM
Tis easy mate, well as long as the spare door has the hinges in place.

If it does then unplug the door loom where it enters the door, pop the pin out of the silver bit, undo either the bolts on the car or bolts on the door and reverse to fit. Won't affect the central locking at all.

You need two people tho one to hold the door and one to do the rest.

You shouldn't have to do any aligning either, on mine just unbolted old one and bolted on new one and jobs a gooden.

IIRC the door pin hammers up from underneath.

Nice one cheers :)

Which door - the drivers door has different electrics between mk1 and mk2 which would need swapping, other than that you can do a straight swap.

Mk1 Drivers door bud

talkingcars
13-05-14, 09:12 AM
Mk1 Drivers door bud

On a mk1?

KirkJames
13-05-14, 09:16 AM
yup

talkingcars
13-05-14, 09:19 AM
Straight swap but don't forget to swap the lock.