PDA

View Full Version : Fun!

daytona365
22-06-14, 08:43 PM
What with the nice weather and the ongoing rear anti roll project, I thought I better make sure that I can (a) see (b) gain access and then (c) loosen the nuts and bolts that hold the roll bar on, as no point if they all seized up, doing the other one up if I cant get in swapped over.
So jacked him up, axlle stands under and wheels off.

Three hours later, I had cleaned, loosened every nut and bolt on the complete rear!!!!!!!!!!!! Cleaned off all the muck, oiled and greased every thing in sight, polished the exhaust pipe, as it is stanless steel.

Was underneath just lying there, when one of my garage neighbours asked if I was OK? Yep I said, just enjoying the view. He must have thought I was mad. I havent had so much fun for ages. Love messing with the car, always reminds me of helping my grandad.

Anyway looking forward to the new bits to arrive next week, so I can put it all together.........................

:ike::ike::ike::ike::ike:

Dan1971
22-06-14, 09:16 PM
Good for you mate ....

stamford
22-06-14, 09:32 PM
It's nice when things go to plan, so I've heard!

tallgeese
22-06-14, 10:23 PM
Up skirt I have heard of but up chassis that's a new one :P

daytona365
23-06-14, 06:06 PM
Up skirt I have heard of but up chassis that's a new one :P

lol............sad I know, but I could have stayed underneath all afternoon.
All the aggro of life and work all went out of my mind as I was under there. :icecream:

top_man_eldo
23-06-14, 09:46 PM
lol............sad I know, but I could have stayed underneath all afternoon.
All the aggro of life and work all went out of my mind as I was under there. :icecream:

I think I've recently spent more time under my ZS than in it !

Ritchy
23-06-14, 11:08 PM
I used to enjoy stuff like that until it became my job....now its a chore

pheelay
24-06-14, 08:42 AM
lol, sounds like me whenever I start on something. 10 minute changing a part becomes a 4 hr chain of tangent jobs. It's a hobby...keeps us busy and out of trouble :)

Looking forward to seeing pics of the install!

stamford
24-06-14, 11:44 AM
lol, sounds like me whenever I start on something. 10 minute changing a part becomes a 4 hr chain of tangent jobs. It's a hobby...keeps us busy and out of trouble :)

Looking forward to seeing pics of the install!

Sounds very familiar!