PDA

View Full Version : Zed's dead

marts66
25-06-14, 05:48 PM
Hi all, over the years (9 approx) I have posted here a few times but have always kept upto speed from the great knowledge on here even though I haven't posted. The time has now come to leave the forum, not as I had thought I might but due to the fact that some wonderful citizen decided to break into my kithen and relieve me of not only my ZS keys but those of my wife's toledo sport, hers crashed and mine dumped with keys taken. Don't think the (waste of space) insurers will pay for a full lock set so I will be looking for a replacement. Gutted really, had the car since she was two with only 13k on the clock. Knew every inch of it and it still put a smile on my face despite not being the fastest. Cheers all :cry: :sad:

ZS Phil
25-06-14, 06:18 PM
Could you buy it back off the insurers and change the locks with a full set from a scrap one along with the fobs and 5as unit?
Just trying to be positive in a clearly terrible situation.

peterzs
25-06-14, 07:19 PM
Hard luck, hear of this going on, but must be a shock to have it happen!!

Changed all your house locks, if its like mine, there are front door key, with the cars one.

Hope you can sort it, dont know if Goldie on here has all the key and lock sets. He now has a scrap yard up north.

Dan1971
25-06-14, 07:44 PM
Gutted for you. Horrendous crime to have happened.

Lukeus101
25-06-14, 07:49 PM
Bloody Hell... :( You have my sympathy and hopefully the law will prevail and the insurance will pay out what you want.

stamford
25-06-14, 07:52 PM
Sorry to hear this, not nice at all.

daytona365
25-06-14, 08:37 PM
Not good news, lets hope you can keep the Zed on the road..

talkingcars
25-06-14, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear this, there are plenty of cars being broken so replacment locks should be quite easy to find.

tallgeese
25-06-14, 09:13 PM
Very sorry to hear of your trouble bud, hope you get on to better things :)

Maxfly
25-06-14, 09:25 PM
Horrible experience for you and your missus, hope things are sorted out for you both soon.

marts66
26-06-14, 06:57 AM
Thanks everyone, still waiting to hear from insurance but not holding out for much. Will consider a buy back but need to see the car first to assess the damage. Thanks again.

marts66
27-06-14, 03:12 PM
Just back from recovery, car has some minimal damage to n/s/f but not much else apart from being ragged around Preston. No idea what the engine,brakes etc are like. Waiting to here from insureres now. Lost all NCB protection and am going to be stung for premiums from now on so might have to try and put ZS back on road. Option B, buy back and strip for parts.

talkingcars
27-06-14, 03:17 PM
Did they damage or steal anything else around the house, can you claim on the house insurance rather than the car policy?

marts66
28-06-14, 02:08 PM
Nothing else taken, they even left the house keys which were closer to the door than the car keys were. Driving my mum's golf today and saw two zeds, one of which was a very tidy mk1 in yellow, absolutely gutted me. I can't think what to replace it with.

peterzs
28-06-14, 04:11 PM
Yellow Mk2 ZS

marts66
29-06-14, 12:47 PM
Yup, good one :)

marts66
01-07-14, 04:46 PM
Well, its official, economically unviable. Over 9 years we had been together, saw off a few chancers and proved many others wrong around the twisties, knew her inside out, travelled Europe, polished her and serviced her. However, after considering the state of her in recovery I have decided to part company with the old girl, there was too much of 'them' in the car and I would have never felt the same. But the story continues just with a slightly larger car and possibly comfier ride. I am now the proud owner of a ZT 190+, she's a 2004 and only has 63k on the clock, no SH as she is a finance repo but I am presuming she has been looked after, certainly looks like it. I will still look in from time to time and if you are ever flashed by a grey ZT , it might be me.
Be well all, thanks for everything and remember MG Safety Fast!!!!!!!

talkingcars
01-07-14, 05:13 PM
Sad but sometimes it's best to move on.

peterzs
01-07-14, 06:02 PM
Hope you stay around and let us know how the ZT's gp.

Shame about the ZS,but thats life I suppose.

Dan1971
02-07-14, 06:31 AM
Sad story - stick around though.

Lukeus101
02-07-14, 07:20 AM
Glad your still in a MG though :)

marts66
04-07-14, 05:03 PM
Well , I have to tell you that apart from the clutch giving up on me about 5 mins from home, the previous 2 hours were great. Hate to say but what a car, far more refined than the ZED, ultimately it dosen't have the same poise but for all you lot with your KV6s, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME WHAT I WAS MISSING!!!!!

Maxfly
04-07-14, 07:06 PM
Haha, enjoy the V6 goodness once you get your clutch repaired. I'm sure it be a good steed for you:)

MG ZS STE
04-07-14, 07:22 PM
Well now you know the secret there's no need to tell everyone! Enjoy that V6 goodness.