PDA

View Full Version : OOH, what to do. risk it or not ??????

ZSZRANDRF900
26-06-14, 03:10 PM
As i may have said, i work as a designer at Longbridge?... anyway, they have booked the Curborough on Friday the 4th, for all the staff to have a track day racing MG3's and MG6's around etc etc. but we have the option of taking our own cars around too. now as you are the only car on the track, you cant possibly collide with anything other than static objects. so, do i take my 180 around, or just stay safe and ring the necks out of cars i dont own? cant decide. mine is running particularly well at the moment, but as we all know, 1 mistake changing gear or loose it being a bit too keen and its costly. hmm.

stamford
26-06-14, 03:13 PM
ZS all day long, that is where it is the happiest! You will regret it and be disappointed with the other 'MGs' plus you get to show the others how good the ZS really is.

ZSZRANDRF900
26-06-14, 03:16 PM
oh i know the others will be rubbish by comparison. We are taking the "special" sprint cars that MG are running. dont think they are any quicker though

petet16
26-06-14, 03:24 PM
ZS all the way, you know it makes sense :laugh:

hansligg
26-06-14, 03:27 PM
Id opt for keep your car for show on the day and abuse theirs.... we all know the slightest stress on any MG causes problems!

Fred68
26-06-14, 03:29 PM
I'd love to try a ZS180 around Curborough. I've not been round there in years. Last time it was in a 240 BHP Lotus Sunbeam!! That thing really flew :)

MG ZS STE
26-06-14, 04:06 PM
Take the ZS and show the top brass at longbeige what a proper MG should look like.

Seriously though id take my car, bum rape the 3s and 6s round the track for a few laps the have a blast in the 180. will make an interesting back to back comparison.

ZSZRANDRF900
26-06-14, 04:12 PM
I'd love to try a ZS180 around Curborough. I've not been round there in years. Last time it was in a 240 BHP Lotus Sunbeam!! That thing really flew :)

well i think mine would be pretty quick, its de-catted and has the intake through the LH grill, so would sound nice tearing round. Its much quicker than my other MK2 as well. might give it a lap or 2 just to see how she feels before commiting to any more.

ZSZRANDRF900
26-06-14, 04:17 PM

Fred, who owned the sunbeam? wasn't Mike Taylor's rally car was it ?

Supercharged_Z
26-06-14, 05:31 PM
take the zs for a couple of easy laps and rag to death the others.

To be honest there bloody reliable on track

talkingcars
26-06-14, 05:53 PM
Take the ZS and show the top brass at longbeige what a proper MG should look like.

Seriously though id take my car, bum rape the 3s and 6s round the track for a few laps the have a blast in the 180. will make an interesting back to back comparison.

This.

Id opt for keep your car for show on the day and abuse theirs.... we all know the slightest stress on any MG causes problems!

Not this, you just been a bit unlucky (says he whose wife has just come home in her ZR160 with a smoking rear brake saying it doesn't feel or sound right, I pops the hood and the head gasket has gone big time).

Fred68
26-06-14, 06:00 PM
Fred, who owned the sunbeam? wasn't Mike Taylor's rally car was it ?

Was a friend of mine (Gavin) was almost 20 years ago now. He's just finished restoration of the body. The engine was built by QED to produce 240 BHP. It runs twin 48mm Dellorto carbs and electronic ignition. Old school by today's standards but with that much power in 1000 Kg's of RWD Sunbeam fitted with a works spec LSD, it really flew. I always wanted to see it on the quarter mile but sadly he never did that. We did a crude 0 to 60 run which was sub 6 seconds. She was one fast car. Still is but he doesn't run her hard now the body is so pristine.

Jay-ZS+
26-06-14, 07:48 PM
Right of one of their's will be great fun!! :thumbsup:

Maxfly
26-06-14, 08:35 PM
ZS, I couldn't go out on a track and not drive my own car. The ZS thrives out there, as long as you do the usual check of fluids etc there will be no problems in fact both mine felt better ............once the brakes had cooled lol :D

sneekyparrot
27-06-14, 06:23 AM
take the zs for a couple of easy laps and rag to death the others.

To be honest there bloody reliable on track

good advice from Ross there.

thats your car at end of day whilst others are there to be broken, thats there role in life lol.

enjoy taking the ZS round, be a good compare to the others.

trouble with track is they can bring the demon out and the short comings of road cars when put on a track, smell those burning brakes and tyres haha.

p.