PDA

View Full Version : Mot

B8sy
27-06-14, 09:42 PM
Nearly 12 years old and I'm pleased to say the zs 180 passed it's mot this week. No failures and 1 advisory for tiny chip on the windscreen. So so happy! Was thinking about changing for a megane r26, handling of a zs but newer and more powerful but to be honest I'm sticking with the zs for another year, can't complain with it, just wish I could get another 20 or 30 bhp in it.

peterzs
27-06-14, 10:13 PM
Well done, always a good feeling. Good cars.

:beer2::beer2::beer2:

andys1981
28-06-14, 07:17 AM
have mine in the next hour,have the zed and the polo to get done,fingers crossed.zeds generally pass with not many problems.

tcb 180
28-06-14, 07:18 AM
Let me know if you sell it. Still a good old bus fair play.

B8sy
18-06-15, 06:03 AM
It's a year down the line and another MOT passed, very happy.

Lukeus101
18-06-15, 06:36 AM
Any Advisories? :)

mattyprice4004
18-06-15, 07:01 PM
Excellent news - they're a good old bus. :D

BRMFUN
18-06-15, 08:52 PM
Well done!

B8sy
19-06-15, 06:02 AM
Any Advisories? :)
1 advisory for a rear left brake line slightly corroded which is strange as the hoses were replaced 3 years ago. Not to worry as I am replacing the rear left caliper as it's sticky so I'll do the rear hoses as well.

ian zs180
19-06-15, 03:35 PM
Always nice to get though the mot and our cars do seem to get though as matty says there a good old bus

red robbo
20-06-15, 05:33 AM
Was thinking about changing for a megane r26, handling of a zs but newer and more powerful

Not wanting to hijack your thread, but I viewed a black R26 at Motorhouse in Birmingham, around 4 weeks ago. After fighting my way through to the back of the "showroom", I finally found it. They hadn't even bothered to valet it, even though they had two days notice of my arrival. Cigarette burn on the passenger (Alcantara) seat too. Plus 3 of the 4 tyres were completely flat, with missing valve caps. Did have a full R26R sticker kit though, even if it wasn't a genuine lightweight "R".
My Son has a RenaultSport 225, a rapid machine and no doubt about it, which got me on the trail of the R26. Not gone off the idea yet........

The first 4 posts are dated 2014 (on my phone anyway), I didn't realise it was a 12 month old thread!! ��. Still like the R26 though!

Ok, read #5. Original poster updating us, so the thread is current. I really need to lay off the Apple Jim Beam.

B8sy
20-06-15, 05:58 AM
Not wanting to hijack your thread, but I viewed a black R26 at Motorhouse in Birmingham, around 4 weeks ago. After fighting my way through to the back of the "showroom", I finally found it. They hadn't even bothered to valet it, even though they had two days notice of my arrival. Cigarette burn on the passenger (Alcantara) seat too. Plus 3 of the 4 tyres were completely flat, with missing valve caps. Did have a full R26R sticker kit though, even if it wasn't a genuine lightweight "R".
My Son has a RenaultSport 225, a rapid machine and no doubt about it, which got me on the trail of the R26. Not gone off the idea yet........

The first 4 posts are dated 2014 (on my phone anyway), I didn't realise it was a 12 month old thread!! ��. Still like the R26 though!

Ok, read #5. Original poster updating us, so the thread is current. I really need to lay off the Apple Jim Beam.
Yeah I read a lot of reviews and the 225 was tempting but had a couple of negatives about seat position and understeer, then I found the r26 and the reviews are great, I came very close to buying but backed off it in the end. Now my situation has changed, I have a really good job which pays me well so I'm saving for a house which means I'll be keeping the zed for at least another 18 months. Then after the house I'll be able to spend around 15 to 20k on the next car so I'm looking at 3 options. Porsche cayman s, audi tt rs, bmw z4 35i. All have their own qualities, the porsche would be getting on a bit which is the only thing that puts me off slightly.