PDA

View Full Version : Crazy time.

easytime
05-07-14, 12:04 AM
Have a look at these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331225437070?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have often looked at these and wondered would they work just by discharging into the induction for a few seconds? Nothing too complex just a poor mans boost. I would think it would help a bit but would it do harm? Don't know, but it is a very small amount of gas. Got to be worth a few horses, no?

tallgeese
05-07-14, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't risk something like that on any car you plan on keeping lol

Still the results could be interesting ;)

talkingcars
05-07-14, 10:55 AM
5 FREE X-Large16 gram nitrous tanks

That ain't gonna last long in a 2500cc motor, approximately 0.1 seconds I guess.

Mark S
05-07-14, 01:44 PM
more suited to a moped!!!

Ritchy
05-07-14, 02:02 PM
Alright doing stuff like that on sonething you don't mind blowing up, but the engine management wouldn't have a clue what's going on and end up with fuelling out, and detonation

easytime
05-07-14, 08:22 PM
I need to say at this point that I am NOT planning on executing this idea. I am just sharing my 'what if's' with the forum. I see these little kits and wonder.....

But if a real car kit were to be fitted would it work without a remap? How do the kits work properly with modern ECU controlled engines, as has been said already, will the ECU reduce fuel in a real system?

petet16
05-07-14, 08:45 PM
People have used nitrous on the kv6, pointless for road use, as it gets more expensive than a drug habit

easytime
05-07-14, 08:57 PM
People have used nitrous on the kv6, pointless for road use, as it gets more expensive than a drug habit

There must be some way of getting around the ECU in that case, I don't think you an get it to flip modes of fueling on demand whilst 'hot'.

Jay-ZS+
06-07-14, 06:12 AM

This is true! Had a WON kit fitted to mine when I bought it, can't remember if the ecu knew about it though. It was remapped but iirc the nos was controlled via a rocker switch in the cabin and a microswitch on the throttle body so would only come on at full throttle. So not linked up to the ecu , but may have that wrong.